The overall tasks of the Current Problems of Financial Analysis Research Seminar are:
- developing students' individual research skills;
- enhancing proficiency in scientific discussion on specified topics and presentation of individual research results;
- assisting in Master’s thesis preparation;
- developing communications and presentation skills.
The Research Seminar is conducted throughout the entire period of study in the programme and is required for all students enrolled in the MA Financial Analyst programme. Time allocated to the Research Seminar is divided into contact hours and self-study hours in a ratio of 30:70, which is in line with the focus given to work in real research projects.
During the first year, students’ main tasks include:
- choosing an individual research topic and discuss the Course Paper structure;
- learning the methodology of scientific research, analyzing collected materials, and delivering a review of the literature that is most relevant to the chosen area of study;
- discussing the submitted Course Paper.
Workshops and methodological seminars delivered by leading academic staff and guest experts serve as the main forms of training during the first year. By the end of the first year students must submit a Course Paper.
During the second year students’ main tasks include:
- choosing an appropriate topic of interest and analzying the relevant literature under the guidance of a supervisor;
- formulating an appropriate research methodology and recognizing the strengths and weaknesses of the research method;
- collecting and analyzing empirical data;
- giving a preliminary Master’s thesis presentation.
The main forms of training during the second year include methodological seminars and individual work with supervisors on the topics of Master's thesis.
The Current Problems of Financial Analysis Research Seminar is taught by:
Ph.D. in Economics, Deputy General Director, Interfax - Center for Economic Analysis
Ph.D. in Economics, Head of client service and business development, National Settlement Depository
Ph.D., Professor, Correspondent Member of the Russian Academy of Natural Sciences First Vice President, Association of Regional Banks (Russia)
Ph.D. in Economics, Professor, Deputy Head, Center of economc forecasting, Gazprombank