- Understand the connection between key concepts of corporate finance and financial decisions.
- Know the key concepts of corporate finance and the recent trends in financial studies.
- Know what empirical research is based on theoretical arguments in the field.
- Apply theoretical concepts to real companies in emerging markets.
- Be able to analyze the performance of a firm applying economic profit criteria;
- Be able to apply different methods for cost of debt and cost of equity estimation in developed and emerging capital markets;
- Understand major empirical methods to analyze corporate financing policy, payout policy;
- Understand possible impact of the corporate governance mechanism over performance;
- Be able to apply different methods to determine the life cycle of the firm;
- Be able to apply the real options techniques to capital budgeting problems;
- Be able to choose and apply methods of determining the optimal leverage for non-financial firms;
- Be able to estimate internal capital market efficiency;
- Be familiar with the concept of the corporate financial architecture;
- Understand the limitation of asset pricing models;
- Topic 1. Corporate finance framework for company analysis. Introduction to finance-based Models. Life Cycle of Organizations. Knowledge Economy. Expert’s insights
- Topic 2. Designing capital structure decisions. The trade-off framework in Capital Structure Decisions. Capital Structure Theory: expert’s insights
- Topic 3. Corporate cost of capital. Returning Cash to Shareholders. Disappearing dividends. CAPM Models & Cost of Debt. Payout Policies.
- Topic 4. Investing Decisions Under Uncertainty. Making Investment decisions. Expert’s insights: Case for Projects on Electricity Generation. Expert’s insights: Working with Tables.
- Topic 5. Managerial Flexibility. Real Options Analysis and Its Applications. Managerial Flexibility. Real Options Analysis and Its Applications. Corporate Financial Architecture.
- Topic 6. Corporate Financial Architecture. Corporate Financial Design: Corporate Diversification and Internal capital market. Changing Corporate Landscape by strategic deals. Changing Corporate Landscape by strategic deals. Expert’s insights.
- Topic 7. Changing Corporate Landscape by Successful Turnaround Strategies. Changing Corporate Landscape by Successful Turnaround Strategies. Expert’ s Insights. The Impact of CEO Incentives and Behavioral Characteristics on Corporate Policies.
- Topic 8. Corporate Financial Architecture
- Topic 9. Corporate Financial Design: Internal capital market
- Topic 10. Strategic deals and the market for corporate control. Part 1.
- Topic 11. Strategic deals and the market for corporate control. Business Expert’ s Insights .
- Topic 12.Changing corporate landscape by successful turnaround strategies. Business Expert’ s Insights
- Topic 13. The impact of CEO incentives and behavioral characteristics on corporate policies
- Berk, J. B., & DeMarzo, P. M. (2017). Corporate Finance: The Core, Global Edition: Vol. Fourth edition. Pearson.
- Corporate Finance: Theory and Practice / Pierre Vernimmen, Pascal Quiry, Maurizio Dal-locchio, Yann Le Fur, Antonio Salvi. – 5th ed. – Chichester: John Wiley & Sons Ltd, 2018. – 1010 p.
- Damodaran, A. (2015). Applied Corporate Finance (Vol. Fourth edition). Hoboken, New Jersey: Wiley. Retrieved from http://search.ebscohost.com/login.aspx?direct=true&site=eds-live&db=edsebk&AN=1639191