400 000 RUB/year
What you will study
The educational architecture of the programme is constructed of three trajectories:
The "Startup" trajectory is for those who want to create or develop their own innovative business (graduate work in the "Startup as a diploma" format).
Come to us with your idea, with your project, even with your startup. Or just with a desire to create something new. You will go through all the stages from working with ideas to scaling and entering the market together with practical teachers and experts from among world-class entrepreneurs and investors, and your thesis will be a presentation of your own business created or developed during your studies in our master's program.
The "Corporate Innovation" trajectory is for those who work or plan to work in startup teams, fast—growing technology companies, development institutions, in Russian and international corporations.
During the training, you will not only learn the basics of innovation and form an integral system of knowledge in this area, you will look behind the scenes of corporate innovation and intra-corporate entrepreneurship, discover the true reasons that encourage businesses to bet on innovation and learn how to maintain and develop an innovative culture in your company, get unique knowledge and skills how to achieve success in promoting your ideas and implementing innovative projects in a corporate environment, learn how to manage innovation processes, project teams, to act confidently and effectively in a situation of uncertainty, rigid KPIs, burning deadlines and constant lack of resources, to create from scratch and develop idea factories, corporate incubators and accelerators, digital sandboxes, using fast track in an incredibly short time to pilot new technologies and products, to develop the innovative ecosystem of your company.
The "Research and Development" trajectory is for those who work or plan to work in scientific organizations, universities or research units of Russian and foreign companies, who already have a good knowledge of the specifics of their subject area: engineering, natural science, medical, etc.
The further you go, the more often you ask questions about the practical applicability of the results of your work, effective management of stellar, but very complex teams of scientists and researchers, attracting new sources of funding, building systemic partnerships and professional networks and communities. During the training program, you will receive the system knowledge and competencies necessary to manage the full cycle of R&D from data collection and analysis to the introduction of intellectual activity results into commercial circulation, and will be able to successfully apply them in any industries and fields of activity.
For all students, education begins with adaptive disciplines that will introduce you to your classmates, help you to fit into a new learning rhythm of life, set you up for a creative and intensive training regime:
- Theory of inventive problem solving
- Business communications
Our program is based on the educational standard for innovation. Therefore, among the basic disciplines, you are expected:
- History and philosophy of science and technology
- Theoretical innovation
- Strategic management in an innovatively active organization
- System architecture and technology audit
- Technological and Digital Marketing (taught in English)
- Financial Models and Investment Management
- Intellectual Property Management
These disciplines will lay a solid foundation and form a system of knowledge, not only those that you study in our program, but also those that you already possess.
In parallel with the basic disciplines, from the second semester you are expected to study the disciplines of the variable part, which allow students to build their own educational trajectory taking into account professional interests:
The "Startup" trajectory:
- Behavioral Economics
- Basics of Prototyping and UX/UI
- Market entry and scaling
The "Corporate Innovation" Trajectory:
- Behavioral Economics
- Financing of innovative projects
- Piloting and transfer of new products into production
The "Research and development" trajectory:
- Product life cycle
- Analytics and Big Data
- R&D financing
Also, our students choose any discipline from the category of MagoLego in the 1st year, as well as the online course they are interested in (MOOC - massive open online course) in the 2nd year.
- Adaptive learning trajectory: the opportunity to choose a trajectory close to professional and personal interests, aimed at your own business (the "Startup" trajectory), corporate innovation (the "Corporate Innovation" trajectory) or commercialization of the results of research and development activities (the "Research and Development" trajectory);
- Interdisciplinarity: connection and coordination of engineering, economic and management disciplines;
- Practice-oriented: mastering software products, practical tools within the disciplines, developing personal skills of teamwork and communication; conducting master classes of professional practitioners within the disciplines;
- Project orientation: implementation of educational projects within the disciplines, preparation of elements of your own project/development within the framework of project seminars, implementation of a research or consulting project based on a specific enterprise within the framework of a research seminar;
- Immersion in the professional environment: the presence, development and use of business contacts with Russian and foreign technology companies, major scientific, design, technology and engineering centers in Russia and abroad, business support systems, Russian entrepreneurs;
- "Case Factory": the use in the educational process of cases and models developed within the framework of the unique project "HSE Case Factory" and accumulating the best experience and strategies for managing innovation activities in Russian and foreign companies; the use and development (including by students themselves) of the methodology for preparing practical cases in the framework of research and consulting projects;
- Partial English speaking: teaching of individual, most important disciplines in English;
- Belonging to a unique community of entrepreneurs and innovators - graduates, teachers and experts of our program.
During your studies
Research and project activities:
The regular research seminar "Modern Problems of Innovation" allows students to:
- to implement a collective research (or consulting) project on the basis of a specific enterprise using the "case study" methodology - preparation of a specific case, involvement in the work of the "Case Factory";
- to conduct additional research work;
- to study methods, objects and tools of research in the field of innovation, development of group work skills, scientific communications, organization of public scientific events;
- to discuss their term papers and final qualifying papers (master's theses), prepare publications, initiate discussions of current publications, processes or events in the innovation field;
- to take part in round tables, seminars and conferences;
- to attend master classes of managers and specialists of successful technology companies, technology entrepreneurs, participate in excursions to enterprises and organizations.
Your project activity on the program will be concentrated in the following thematic clusters:
- Project seminar "Modern technologies and working with the future"
- Project seminar "Innovation Project Workshop"
- Project seminar "Management of innovative projects, programs and risks"
- Training project "Case factories"
The acquired knowledge and formed competencies of the masters of the program allow to feel confident in the labor market, effectively solve emerging problems and, if desired, successfully change the trajectories of their professional career development.
Graduates and students of the last courses of the program "Management of research, development and innovation in the company" successfully work as managers or specialists in such areas as:
- Innovatively active companies and enterprises
- Organization of innovative infrastructure and support of innovative entrepreneurship
- State corporations and foundations
- Commercial companies with state participation
- Budgetary institutions, public and non-profit organizations
- Private business
- Educational and educational institutions, research and expert-analytical organizations
- State and municipal service
Masters can also continue their education in postgraduate studies at the HSE Department of Innovation Management.
What you need to know for admission
The program "Management of research, development and innovation in the company" offers applicants 25 budget places, 25 places with a contract for the provision of paid services and 1 paid place for foreigners.
The training takes place at the HSE campus (Moscow).
Graduates of bachelor's degree and specialty programs of any training areas, including natural science and technical areas, with practical experience are invited to the Master's program.
You can enroll in the program by taking part in the portfolio competition.
The applicant's portfolio should include:
- diploma of a specialist, bachelor or master of technical, mathematical or natural science profile;
- documents confirming the experience of practical activity and/or project work in the scientific/innovative field;
- motivation letter (in English);
- scientific papers and publications of research results, patents and other forms of copyright registration on the RID;
- diplomas, certificates, certificates, recommendations and other documents confirming the applicant's personal and professional qualities/achievements.
In addition, the HSE grants the right to foreign citizens to become participants in the Quota selection of candidates for training at the expense of the federal budget of the Russian Federation, as part of the implementation of the Decree of the Government of the Russian Federation dated 08.10.2013 No. 891 (quota selection of foreign citizens).
For more information, please contact the Directorate for Youth Work Abroad.