- Lecturer:Institute of Education / Department of Educational Programmes
- Deputy Head:Institute of Education / Laboratory for University Development
- Oleg Leshukov has been at HSE University since 2009.
Young Faculty Support Program (Group of Young Academic Professionals)
Category "New Researchers" (2015-2016)
Category "Future Lecturers" (2014)
Student Term / Thesis Papers
R. Idrisov «Visions for Higher Education Organizations in the South Bashkortostan Agglomeration». Institute of Education, 2020
E. Sukhova «Demand of Smolensk State University in the Conditions of the Increasing of Educational Migration of Russian Youth». Institute of Education, 2020
V. Stromov «Derzhavin Tambov State University – the Project of Development Strategy for 2019-2023». Institute of Education, 2019
N. Gabdrakhmanov «Neighborhood Effect in Higher Education: Polarization Effect of the Kazan Federal University in the Volga Federal District». Institute of Education, 2019
A. Voronin «Development of Performance Indicators Industrial University of Tyumen as a Center of Innovation in Tyumen Region». Institute of Education, 2018
M. Petrov «New Approaches to the Marketing of the Educational Programs and Higher Educational Institutions». Institute of Education, 2017
- Management in Education and Measurement of Educational Outcomes (Master’s programme; Institute of Education; 2 year, 1, 2 module)Rus
- Management Practices in Eduaction (Master’s programme; Institute of Education; 1 year, 3, 4 module)Rus
- Project seminar "Production of Intelligent Products" (Master’s programme; Institute of Education; 1 year, 1-3 module)Rus
- Research Seminar (Master’s programme; Institute of Education; 1 year, 1-4 module)Rus
- Strategic Management in Education (Master’s programme; Institute of Education; 1 year, 4 module)Rus
- Article Gabdrakhmanov N., Leshukov O. Demographic Trends and the Accessibility of Higher Education in Russia // Higher Education in Russia and Beyond. 2020. Vol. 1. No. 22. P. 10-12.
- Article Agasisti T., Egorov A., Zinchenko D., Leshukov O. Efficiency of regional higher education systems and regional economic short-run growth: empirical evidence from Russia // Industry and Innovation. 2020. P. 1-28. doi
- Article Egorov A., Leshukov O., Froumin I. “Regional flagship” university model in Russia: searching for the third mission incentives // Tertiary Education and Management. 2020. Vol. 26. No. 1. P. 77-90. doi
- Book Higher Education in Federal Countries: A Comparative Study / Ed. by M. Carnoy, I. Froumin, O. Leshukov, S. Marginson. L. : Sage, 2018.
- Chapter Froumin I., Leshukov O. The Russian Federation: Pragmatic Centralism in a Large and Heterogeneous Country, in: Higher Education in Federal Countries: A Comparative Study / Ed. by M. Carnoy, I. Froumin, O. Leshukov, S. Marginson. L. : Sage, 2018. P. 354-407.
- Preprint Agasisti T., Egorov A., Zinchenko D., Leshukov O. Universities' Efficiency and Regional Economic Short-run Growth: Empirical Evidence from Russia / NRU Higher School of Economics. Series WP BRP "Economics/EC". 2018.
- Article Leshukov O., Gromov A., Platonova D., Евсеева Д. Г. Assessment of the Contribution of Regional Higher Education Systems to the Socio-Economic Development of the Russian Regions / Пер. с рус. // Russian Education and Society. 2017. No. 59. P. 68-93. doi
- Preprint Egorov A., Leshukov O., Gromov A. THE ROLE OF UNIVERSITIES IN ECONOMIC DEVELOPMENT OF RUSSIAN REGIONS / NRU Higher School of Economics. Series EDU "Education". 2017. No. 41.
- Article Kashnitsky I. S., Mkrtchyan N. V., Leshukov O. Interregional youth migration in Russia: A comprehensive analysis of demographic statistical data // Educational studies. 2016. No. 3. P. 169-203. doi
- Article Leshukov O., Platonova D., Semyonov D. The Efficiency of Regional Higher Education Systems and Competition in Russia // Economy of Region. 2016. No. 2. P. 417-426. doi
- Chapter Froumin I., Leshukov O. The Soviet Flagship University Model and Its Contemporary Transition, in: The New Flagship University: Changing the Paradigm from Global Ranking to National Relevancy. L. : Palgrave Macmillan, 2016. doi Ch. 8. P. 173-189. doi
- Preprint Leshukov O., Platonova D., Semyonov D. Does Competition Matter? Efficiency of Regional Higher Education Systems and Competition: Case of Russia / National Research University Higher School of Economics. Series WP BRP "Basic research program". 2015. No. WP BRP 29/EDU/2015 .
- Article Froumin I., Leshukov O. National-Regional Relationships in Federal Higher Education Systems : The case of Russian Federation // Higher education forum Hiroshima University. 2015. No. 12. P. 77-94.
- Preprint Leshukov O., Lisyutkin M. Modern Approaches to the "Regionalization" of Federal Policy in Russian Higher Education / NRU Higher School of Economics. Series PA "Public Administration". 2014.
- (09.2009 – 12.2009) Higher School of Economics / Centre for Studies of Civil Society and the Nonprofit Sector
- (04.2010 - till present) Higher School of Economics / Institute of Education / Project Laboratory for Universities Development, Manager
- (04.2010 – till present) Higher School of Economics / Institute of Education, Junior Research Fellow, Postgraduate student.
International comparative projects
International comparative project: "Higher education federalism: Governance and development of higher education in "federal type" systems"
Contribution to development program of vocational and higher education of the Ulyanovsk region
Supporting the implementation of regionally-oriented (flagship) university development strategy
Creation of a typology of regional higher education systems
Scientific and methodological support to the concept of vocational education of the industry organizations of Moscow
Economic, social and cultural impact assessment of HEIs in Moscow
Strategy development in the area of research and education for the Krasnoyarsk Krai
Analysis of regional higher education systems to support government objectives
Development of a strategy for human capital development for the Republic of Tatarstan
Analysis of interregional young population migration in Russia
Impact of HEIs on regional development
Analysis of competition within regional higher education systems
The role of regional and specialized institutions of higher education in achieving national development goals must increase, and leading universities will help them. This was the conclusion reached by participants of the plenary session on Russian higher education that took place as part of the XX April International Academic Conference.
The role of regional and industrial institutions of higher education in achieving national development goals must increase, and leading universities will help them. This was the conclusion reached by participants of the plenary session on Russian higher education that took place as part of the XX April International Academic Conference.
An international research team led by IOE has completed a large-scale study that analyzes how higher education systems have been evolving in federal countries. The resulting volume has recently come off the press at SAGE.
As the 2018 CHER International Higher Education Conference was underway at HSE Moscow during August 30 – September 1, we approached several IOE experts in between the forum sessions to ask about the most interesting topics and areas on the Conference agenda.
According to the decision of Sergey Sobyanin, Mayor of Moscow, fourteen HSE staff members were officially recognised by Moscow Government, with the awards being timed to coincide with the 25th anniversary of the university.
On March 5–9, 2017, the U.S. city of Atlanta, Georgia hosted the 2017 Conference of the Comparative and International Education Society (CIES). Seeking the most diverse engagement in the venue’s multiple opportunities for expertise exchange, debate, and academic networking, a representative team of experts with IOE’s leading research & advisory centres took part in this year’s CIES event. Presentations were given by Isak Froumin, Oleg Leshukov, Elena Minina, Pavel Sorokin, Zumrad Kataeva, Martin Carnoy, Tatiana Khavenson, and Andrey Zakharov.
On September 7-9 The Annual Conference of The Consortium of higher education Researchers / CHER 28th Annual Conference took place in Lisbon, Portugal. This year’s theme was ‘Global Challenges, National Initiatives, and Institutional Responses – The Transformation of Higher Education’. The participants discussed recent transformations in higher education: what global challenges the universities face and how to cope with these challenges.