Oleg I. Ananyin
- Professor:Faculty of Economic Sciences / Department of Theoretical Economics
- Chairman:Education and Teaching Methods Council
- Programme Academic Supervisor:Politics. Economics. Philosophy
- Tenured Professor
- Member of the HSE Academic Council
- Oleg I. Ananyin has been at HSE since 1993.
Education, Degrees and Academic Titles
- 1995Associate Professor
Candidate of Sciences* (PhD) in History of Economics
Institute of Economics of the Russian Academy of Sciences
Lomonosov Moscow State University
According to the International Standard Classification of Education (ISCED) 2011, Candidate of Sciences belongs to ISCED level 8 - "doctoral or equivalent", together with PhD, DPhil, D.Lit, D.Sc, LL.D, Doctorate or similar. Candidate of Sciences allows its holders to reach the level of the Associate Professor.
Student Term / Thesis Papers
D. Garshina «Project Management in the State Strategic Planning System». Faculty of Social Sciences, 2017
O. Komshukova «The Impact of Economic Sanctions on Autocratic Regime: Factors of Regime Strengthening». Faculty of Social Sciences, 2016
- History of Economic Doctrines (Bachelor’s programme; Faculty of Economic Sciences; programme "Economics"; 3 year, 3, 4 module)Rus
- Intellectual History (Economic, Social, and Political Thought) (Master’s programme; Faculty of Social Sciences; programme "Politics. Economics. Philosophy"; 1 year, 1, 2 module)Eng
- Research Seminar (Master’s programme; Faculty of Social Sciences; programme "Politics. Economics. Philosophy"; 1 year, 1-4 module)Eng
- Chapter Melnik D. V., Ananyin O. I. Fighting Dogma, Rescuing Doctrine. Toward a History of Ownership Debates in Soviet Economic Literature, in: Populating No Man's Land. Economic Concepts of Ownership under Communism.. Lanham, Maryland: Lexington Books, 2018. P. 231-260.
- Article Ananyin O. I. “Quorum pars magna fui”: On the Cantillon–Marx connection // The European Journal of the History of Economic Thought. 2014. Vol. 21. No. 6. P. 950-976.
- Article Ananyin O. I. Comment intégret l’économie comparative dans l’économie? / Пер. с англ. // Revue d'etudes comparatives Est-Ouest. 2003. Vol. 34. No. 2. P. 5-30.
- Article Ananyin O. I. Can Science Be a Guide for Action? // Problems of Economic Transition. 2002. Vol. 44. No. 9-10. P. 126-147.
- Preprint Goodwin N. R., Ackerman F., Weisskopf T. E., Ananyin O. I. Economics in Context: The Need for a New Textbook / GLOBAL DEVELOPMENT AND ENVIRONMENT INSTITUTE, TUFTS UNIVERSITY, Boston, USA. Series G-DAE Working Paper No. 00-02 "G-DAE Working Paper". 2000. No. 00-02.
- Article Ananyin O. I. Richard B.Day, Cold War Capitalism: The View from Moscow, 1945-75. Book review. // Economics of Planning. 1997. Vol. 30. No. 1. P. 63-65.
- Article Prostakov I., Ananyin O. I., Kuzminov Y. I., Korolkov M. P. Economic reform: Institutional and structural aspects // Problems of Economic Transition. 1993. Vol. 36. No. 7. P. 52-65.
Editorial board membership
2015: Member of the Editorial Board, Журнал Новой экономической ассоциации (The Journal of the New Economic Association).
2008: Member of the Editorial Board, Вопросы экономики (Voprosy Ekonomiki).
Presentations at Conferences
- X Conference of International Network for Economic Methodology,16.05.2012 - Saint Petersburg, INEM, SPBU (presentation in co-authorship: Economic methodology: positive, not just descriptive)
Institutions and values in economics thought. ESHET Annual Conference - 2012.14.05.2012 - 17.05.2012 - Saint Petersburg, European Society of the History of Economic Thought, SPBU (presentation: Scientific values and paths of economic theorizing)
- 201822nd Annual Conference of the European Society for the History of Economic Thought (Мадрид). Presentation: Political Economy of Socialism as a Phenomenon of Intellectual History
- 201721st Annual Conference of the European Society of the History of Economic Thought “Rationality in Economics” (Антверпен). Presentation: Did Rationality Assumption Contribute to the Emergence of Economic Science?
- 201418th Annual Conference of the European Society for the History of Economic Thought (ESHET) "Liberalisms: Perspectives and Debates in the History of Economic Thought" (Лозанна). Presentation: EQUILIBRIUM THEORIZING IN STATU NASCENDI: CANTILLON’S LESSONS
- Inaugural Conference of the World Interdisciplinary Network for Institutional Research (WINIR) “Institutions that Change the World” (Лондон). Presentation: Institutions at the crossing of culture and economy
- 2013Экономическая культура: ценности и интересы (Санкт-Петербург). Presentation: Культурная размерность экономики
- 2012Joint AHE, IIPPE, FAPE conference “Political economy and the outlook for capitalism» (Париж). Presentation: DOUBLE ONTOLOGY OF INSTITUTIONS: RULE-SHAPING AS AN ECONOMIC ACTIVITY
- Erasmus University Rotterdam, The Netherlands, 1993
- Ecole des Hautes Etudes en Sciences Sociales, Paris, France, 1994 and 1997
- Universite Paris X Nanterre, France, 2001
Member of the European Society of the History of Economic Thought (ESHET), Council member from 2012
Member of the European Society of the History of Economic Thought (ESHET), Council member from 2012 to 2018.
Member of the Editorial Board, SCEME Studies in Economic Methodology series, Pickering & Chatto (http://www.pickeringchatto.com/sceme)
On November 27, the HSE Academic Council held an awards ceremony dedicated to the university’s 25th anniversary. The meeting saw the participation of representatives of the Russian President, members of government, and members of the Russian Federal Assembly. Governmental awards were given to a number of HSE employees for their tremendous accomplishments.
Like many international students who choose to study at the Higher School of Economics, Martin Inderhaug, a native of Bergen, Norway, boasts a rich background marked by a diverse set of interests. Although he has been at HSE for only six months since enrolling in the Master’s programme in Politics, Economics and Philosophy, his interest in Russia goes back to his days serving in Norway’s military in the country’s far north where he would gaze at the ‘unknown East’ across the border with Russia.
On March 14, 2017, at 6:00 pm Moscow time, the HSE Faculty of Social Sciences will hold its first webinar for prospective international Master’s students. During the webinar, academic supervisors and leading lecturers will cover HSE’s English-taught Master’s programmes in political science, sociology and public administration.
In 2014, an innovative master’s programme on ‘Philosophy, Politics and Economics’ (PPE) will open at the HSE. The new programme is a result of cooperation between several HSE faculties: Political Science, Economics, Philosophy, and World Economy and International Affairs. Witten/Herdecke University (Germany) is an international partner of the programme.
On June 24th this year’s final session of the HSE Academic Council took place at the HSE, where original educational standards and new editions of educational procedures were approved and new departments of the university were founded.