- Vice Rector
- Ivan Prostakov has been at HSE since 2016.
Vice Rector responsible for HSE’s international relations
- Strategic planning with respect to HSE’s international activities;
- Coordinating matters relating to HSE’s international cooperation with Russian and international government authorities, local municipal bodies, universities and other institutions engaged in educational activities;
- Preparing and carrying out projects with respect to international cooperation and activities;
- Internationalizing HSE’s internal environment and operations;
- Coordinating HSE’s activities relating to its entry onto new educational markets and global promotion of the University’s degree programmes, as well as attracting international students to HSE degree programmes (with the exception for continuing education programmes);
- Coordinating and monitoring the organization of Russian and international conferences, seminars, roundtables, presentations and other events hosted/co-hosted by HSE, including official social events;
- Establishing liaisons with the Ministry of Education and Science of the Russian Federation and the Federal Agency for the CIS Issues, Living Abroad Compatriots and International Humanitarian Cooperation (Rossotrudnichestvo) in regards to educational quotas established by the Russian Government for admitting foreign nationals and stateless persons to HSE’s degree programmes (hereafter, “educational quotas”) and distribution of quotas within the University, as well as coordinating the HSE Quota Committee’s operations and other quota related issues;
- Coordinating the operations of HSE’s International Advisory Council;
- Coordinating and monitoring the operations of the Office of Internationalisation;
- Coordinating and monitoring the operations of the International Cooperation Office;
- Coordinating and monitoring the operations of the Event Organization Office;
- Coordinating and monitoring the operations of the Office for Cooperation with the CIS and Baltic States, and the International Admissions Office;
- For further details, please refer to the Directive "On the Powers, Duties and Responsibilities of Vice Rector Ivan Prostakov" (in Russian).
Education and Degrees
Candidate of Sciences* (PhD)
Lomonosov Moscow State University
According to the International Standard Classification of Education (ISCED) 2011, Candidate of Sciences belongs to ISCED level 8 - "doctoral or equivalent", together with PhD, DPhil, D.Lit, D.Sc, LL.D, Doctorate or similar. Candidate of Sciences allows its holders to reach the level of the Associate Professor.
2012-2015 — Advisor to the Secretary General, International Bureau of Expositions
2002-2012 — Trade representative of the Russian Federation in France
1994-2002 — Senior economist, later General Representative, Russian State Tourism Committee
1991-1994 — Senior research fellow, RAS Institute of Economics
1989-1991 — Researcher, Economics Department, Lomonosov Moscow State University
In the latest Times Higher Education university rankings, the Higher School of Economics rose to the 351-400 category among 1,102 schools worldwide. This is an improvement on last year, when HSE was in the 401-500 group, with the university ranking fourth among the 27 Russian universities that made it to the ranking.
Representatives of about 30 international universities have come to Moscow to take part in International Partner Week at HSE and discuss cooperation agreements, joint educational programmes, and research and student exchange programmes. On June 23, a partner university fair will be held for HSE students.
On June 19 the Higher School of Economics signed a cooperation agreement with Hitotsubashi University in Japan. The agreement covers mutual visits for lecturers and researchers, student exchange programmes, as well as joint research projects, academic events, and publications.
From April 20 – 30, 2017, students from Radboud University Nijmegen took part in a cultural and educational programme organized by the Faculty of Computer Science as part of the ‘Information and Computer Technology in Different Cultures’ course.
The Higher School of Economics has launched the HSE International Student Information Centre Office in Indonesia and Malaysia. The university is collaborating with ImageRnR-Indonesia, which acts as an educational promotion and marketing planner to promote HSE and act as the university’s representative in Indonesia and other countries in Southeast Asia.
During his business trip to Pantheon-Sorbonne Paris 1 University, HSE Rector Yaroslav Kuzminov awarded Michel Sollogoub with the first Friend of HSE statuette in the history of the Golden HSE Award.
HSE recently committed to developing a Chinese version of the university’s Admissions site, which is the result of a joint effort by the Online Media Unit, the School of Asian Studies, and Chinese students at HSE. Rather than a ‘brochure-type’ webpage, the site contains nearly all information needed for Chinese students to enrol in undergraduate, Master’s and doctoral programmes offered by HSE. This means that a prospective students from China are not only able to read about HSE, but to complete an online form and even check whether they can receive a scholarship.
HSE Vice Rector Ivan Prostakov discusses the results of a recent International Advisory Committee (IAC) meeting, as well as the priorities the university has set for its international activities.
Participants of the ‘Big Data Applications’ research workshop, which took place in the beginning of December, discussed big data and prospects for Russian-French cooperation in this area. The workshop, held at HSE, brought together about 50 participants from leading research centres, universities, governmental bodies and IT companies in both Russia and France.
The University has adopted new regulations on the formats used in signs, pointers and announcements regarding events held within University grounds. They will now need to follow one template and must display the names and contact details of those responsible for the event. Will these regulations be used for student events, and does this mean there is one template for all announcements? We look into it.
‘I Want to Travel across all of Russia — From Moscow to Vladivostok’. What Summer University Students Dream about
June 20th marked the start of HSE’s third Summer University. This year’s programme saw the participation of students from 25 different countries.