Статус: Курс обязательный (Управление бизнесом)
Направление: 38.03.02. Менеджмент
Кто читает: Кафедра маркетинга фирмы
Где читается: Факультет бизнеса и менеджмента
Когда читается: 3-й курс, 1, 2 модуль
Формат изучения: Blended
In the first decade of the XXI century, Russian national marketing model has reached the notable benchmark in the process of its ongoing development. It is reckoned as the sales&marketing phase of marketing concept evolution. Until most recently, the necessity of marketing function adoption and implementation is accepted globally by the most businesses and industries. The development of the result-oriented marketing function is a cornerstone and target for every enterprise in its endeavours to stay competitive. Such function is capable to deliver profitability and market expansion for businesses that apply marketing in their business routine. The leadership in marketing function that may facilitate the competitive edge for an individual and the whole business serves as a basis for sustainable development in every type of managerial activity within an enterprise – HR, project and mainly top management and this positions Marketing class as a high priority in management education. This class incorporates a proactive approach to learning of education in marketing. It has a prime focus on business practise by implementation of the case study method. This Marketing class has a blending nature as it is complemented with compulsory online component. The teaching methods include lectures, case studies, discussions, workshops, and academic papers review. Case study materials are retrieved directly from actual domestic and overseas companies and are relevant to the real situations, conditions and circumstances that are tacked by businesses. The emphasis in reviewing the pertinent academic literature for the class will be made primarily on the papers most cited globally published in the top journals relevant to the domain of academic marketing. Shortly after the onset of the class, students will get familiar with the nexus of marketing and sustainable development as well as with the ethical issues that arise following the implementation of the marketing concept. In this respect, so called ‘dark side of marketing’ phenomenon will be addressed in the class opening lectures. Furthermore, this class of Marketing has a supplementary purpose to develop and advance the proper utilisation of student skills in English academic and business language as this will be useful for their occupation after the graduation. In this vein, lectures and seminars are fully orally instructed in English along with entire complex of teacher-student e-mail and other verbal communication means. The whole set of class materials including lecture and seminar presentation slides, task and assignment sheets, case study texts and academic papers entail the utilisation of English language accordingly. Student evaluation is completed by a combination of seminar engagement, online class component accomplishment, homework assignment and writing qualification exam.
- The goal of the Marketing course is to study the elements of an effective organisation of the enterprise’ total marketing effort. These classes will broaden the students’ comprehension of marketing concept and function. Class topics include studying marketing processes and activities, understanding of the marketing mix, consumer behavior, and the role of marketing communications in strategy execution. In this class, practical skills development that can be applied by students is emphasised. It is expected that the obtained knowledge will help students to plan and build their careers in management successfully.
- to develop an understanding of how the marketing function is implemented in the organisation;
- to build a knowledge how to analyse markets, to identify market opportunities and to define target market;
- to develop an expertise for planning the marketing department structure according to the strategic goal of the organisation;
- to obtain a skill to apply market segmentation, targeting, and product/service positioning
- to recognise a target customer base and to plan a winning marketing strategy for the target market;
- to build a skill to for successful negotiations, communication, and collaboration and with third-party agencies, sales channels, distributors and ultimate consumers.
- Introduction to marketingMarketing Defined. The social function of Marketing. The concept of value. Marketing musts. The notion of Marketing mix. ‘Magic’ Marketing formulae. Marketing evolution and its conceptual historical retrospective. The future of marketing. Marketing and sustainable development. The dark side of Marketing. Business ethics and Marketing.
- Marketing EnvironmentWhat does the notion of ‘Market’ mean? GDP and macro-environment. Determining Business Circle. Market trends. External and internal marketing environment. PEESTLE, GAP, SWOT, 5 Porter’s Competitive Forces, Porter’s business survival curve approaches to marketing environment analysis.
- Marketing StrategyThe definition of Marketing strategy and its position in business strategy of organisation. Strategic planning and its importance for marketing. Total quality approach to marketing strategy. Variety of strategic plans. Strategic planning process phases defined and depicted..
- Market ResearchNature of market research. Why market research is important. Research objectives. Primary and secondary information and their sources. Data collection methods. Quantitative and qualitative types of research. MIS (marketing information systems). Statistical data analyses methods used in Market research. Technological advances and market research. Big Data and Data Science application to market research. Digital marketing and online analytics. Data driven Marketing. Market research planning and execution.
- Segmentation and TargetingSTP approach to strategic Marketing. Characteristics of segmentation. Choosing a target market. Choosing the way of positioning. Market differentiation. Strategic approaches to strategic Marketing: mass, concentrated, selective Marketing
- Marketing PlanningMarket plan structure. Marketing budgeting. Media planning. Marketing audit.
- Marketing CommunicationsIntegrated marketing communications. Specifics of advertising, public relations, personal selling, and sales promotion. AIDA model. Channel of communication and its functions. Critical components of a successful plan.
- Промежуточная аттестация (2 модуль)Final Grade Score = .2xSeminar Work + .2xHomework + .2xOnline Class + .4xExam
- Kotler, P. T., & Armstrong, G. (2017). Principles of Marketing, Global Edition (Vol. 17th). Harlow, United Kingdom: Pearson. Retrieved from http://search.ebscohost.com/login.aspx?direct=true&site=eds-live&db=edsebk&AN=1594475
- Peterson, R. (2007). Principles of Marketing. Delhi: Global Media. Retrieved from http://search.ebscohost.com/login.aspx?direct=true&site=eds-live&db=edsebk&AN=233413