Научно-исследовательский семинар "Финансы"
Статус: Курс по выбору (Логистика и управление цепями поставок)
Направление: 38.03.02. Менеджмент
Кто читает: Департамент финансов
Где читается: Санкт-Петербургская школа экономики и менеджмента
Когда читается: 2-й курс, 2-4 модуль
Формат изучения: без онлайн-курса
Охват аудитории: для своего кампуса
Контактные часы: 50
The Research seminar "Finance" is included in the working curriculum in the direction 38.03.01 "Economics", the level of training is "bachelor". Skills, knowledge, abilities and competencies acquired within the framework of the research seminar should be used in the future when doing term work. The Research Seminar course draws on the theoretical foundations of Information Library Culture and Fundamentals of Research, as well as other economic and financial disciplines. The independent work of the student consists mostly in the preparation and implementation of creative tasks on topics corresponding to the topic of the term work. During the The Research seminar "Finance", it is supposed to study the basics of preparing such types of scientific papers as: Research Proposal, Working Paper, article abstracts, articles for Russian and foreign journals.
- Development of basic research skills, study of literature background on the chosen topic, culture of scientific discussion.
Expected Learning Outcomes
- Analyze the data necessary for the evaluation of economic and financial indicators that characterize the activities of economic actors.
- Compile a bibliograpy. Read and understand scientific publications on current financial issues, compare and summarize the opinions of different researchers.
- Apply modern technical means and information technologies to solve analytical and research problems.
- Gather the initial data sources, analyze them and prepare an information review and / or analytical report using domestic and foreign sources of information
- Background reading
- Fundamentals of scientific research methodology.
- Research methods & Data acquisition
- On Diplomas
- Data downloading
- Building FCFF, FCFE
- Research Article PresentationPresentation at a seminar with an overview of a thematic research article on financial issues. Teamwork (in pairs). The goal is to convey the content of the article to a group of students, to initiate a discussion.
- Essay on the topic of the presented article
- Use of English as a working languageUse of English as a working language. Oral communication, productive discussion. Competent writing in an academic style.
- АктивностьActive participation in seminars, participation in the discussion of financial studies, regular attendance of classes
- Preparing an information model for financial analysisExtracting, transforming, and loading external data into a financial model
- A brief analysis of the financial statementsEvaluating a company's performance or value by using a number of techniques, such as horizontal, vertical, or ratio analysis
- Profit and Loss ForecastProjecting income statement line items: Sales Revenue, Cost of Goods Sold, Total Expences, Depreciation, Interests, and Taxes
- 3-statement modelingForecasting Balance Sheet and Cash Flow Statement. Exploring the linkages and interconnections between the Income Statement, Cash Flow Statement and Balance Sheet
- Free Cash Flow forecastingBuilding Free Cash Flows to Firm and to Equity, calculating WACC, finding EV, EqV
- Financial Forecasting ModelFinancial Reporting Simulation Report, Analysis and Forecast
- 2022/2023 4th module0.12 * Financial Forecasting Model + 0.11 * 3-statement modeling + 0.11 * Profit and Loss Forecast + 0.11 * Preparing an information model for financial analysis + 0.067 * Use of English as a working language + 0.11 * A brief analysis of the financial statements + 0.13 * Essay on the topic of the presented article + 0.033 * Активность + 0.1 * Research Article Presentation + 0.11 * Free Cash Flow forecasting
Recommended Core Bibliography
- Economists' mathematical manual, Sydsaeter, K., 2005
- Fundamentals of financial management, Brigham, E.F., 1986
- Research methodology : a step-by-step guide for beginners, Kumar, R., 2019
- Research methodology for economists : philosophy and practice, Johnson, G. L., 1986
Recommended Additional Bibliography
- Communication research methodology : a strategic approach to applied research, Pettey, G. R., 2017
- Intermediate Financial Management, Brigham, E.F., 1993