Practical training of the students is a form of organization of educational activities in the development of the educational program in terms of performance of certain types of work associated with future professional activities and aimed at the formation, consolidation, development of practical skills and competencies in the profile of the relevant educational program. Achievement of the goals and tasks of practical training is carried out through the implementation of elements of practical training (EPT).
All Business Analytics and Big Data Systems students are to pass the Scientific Internship in their second year.
Practice program 2021-2023
Practice program 2022-2024
Timeline: within 8 weeks in the period from 09.01.2023 to 05.03.2023.
Students can do the Internship at Graduate School of Business of the Higher School of Economics or in external organizations.
Before the internship (December 15, 2022)
- choose a place, topic and the supervisor of an internship. You can ask your thesis supervisor to give you an internship assignment.
- together with the supervisor of the internship submit the internship schedule and assignment
- submit an application in LMS
Not later than 26 March 2023, the students are to submit the following documents signed by two parties (internship supervisor from HSE and internship supervisor from Organization):
- the report on the Industrial Practice (20-25 pages) with the signatures of the head of the practice from the organization and the supervisor (see the approximate structure in the Practice Program Appendix 1);
- a stamped review from the organization where the Industrial Practice was conducted (signed by the head of the practice on behalf of the organization), containing a description of the work done by the student and an assessment of its quality.
The final grade for the report on the Industrial Practice is evaluated according to the formula (given in the Practice Program) by the relevant commission under the guidance of the Academic Supervisor of the Programme.
In accordance with the curriculum, students of the program in the 1st and 2nd year carry out compulsory projects. Project work weight is 3 credits (ECTS).
The projects are offered by the academic supervisor.
The projects should be submitted in the wxamination week of 4th module in the 1st year of studying and 2nd module in the 2nd year.
The list of documents students have to submit to the office upon the project completion:
Project report structure
Project Assessment sheet
(must be graded and signed by the project supervisor)
Failure to complete the project is considered academic debt.
Term paper and thesis
Coursework (term paper) in the 1st year of studying and a master's thesis in the 2nd year are compulsory elements of the curriculum. To accomplish the term paper and thesis students should follow one of this steps:
1. Choose a topic from the given list on LMS before November 1. Read the Instruction on how to do this.
2. Think of your own topic, get in touch with the teacher, discuss your topic with him/her and apply for this topic on LMS before November 20.
Term paper documents:
Term Paper topic application
Term Paper Review
Thesis topic application
Thesis Title page