• A
  • A
  • A
  • ABC
  • ABC
  • ABC
  • А
  • А
  • А
  • А
  • А
Regular version of the site

For Admitted Students

Dear first-year students,

Below you will find a list of important steps, which you will need to complete by the end of August and in September to settle various organizational issues, so that your studies run smoothly and you can focus on learning.

If you have any questions, please contact the Study Office:

The first-year students' meething_Recording (MP4, 695.47 Mb) 

The first-year students' meething_Presentation (PDF, 2.47 Mb) 

1.  Move into a Dormitory (if you are a non-Moscow resident/international student)

When: by August 31

➤ For International Students

Places in HSE University dormitories are distributed to international students through their Personal Accounts.

Access to the ‘Dormitory’ section in your Personal Account will be made available after filling in the ‘Consent for Studies’ section and completing recognition procedure (but no earlier than August 17, 2021).

Upon your arrival for studies, a place in one of the HSE University dormitories will be reserved for you.

You must download an accommodation referral for dormitory residence from your Personal Account, print it out and bring it to the dormitory.

When moving into a dormitory, make sure you have the following documents:

    ☑ passport (document confirming your identity);

    ☑ copy of your passport (first page)—if your passport contains information on the place of residence, make a copy of that page two (both pages should be copied onto ONE page;

   ☑ a document (in Russian or English), confirming negative test results for COVID-19. The test should be done with the use of a polymerase chain reaction method (PCR method) no earlier than three calendar days before arrival in Russia;

    ☑  a copy of a vaccination certificate (as per Form No. 156/у-93), or a certificate listing all inoculations (including one against measles);

    ☑   a medical insurance policy purchased online prior to arrival.

About Medical Aid & Insurance : https://www.hse.ru/en/medical/ins/. In the case you have any questions, please mail to: zaselenie@hse.ru

 2.  Learn about visa and registration

Visa and registration - for international students (eng) (PDF, 1.15 Mb) 

More information at HSE Visa and Registration Center page: https://ivisa.hse.ru/en/

3.  Receive a Student ID Card

Student ID cards will be issued in the academic office on weekdays from 10:00 to 18:00 (there will be an info mail about the start date of the issuance).
Student ID cards will be issued as the Study office receives the student records. 

4.  Receive an E-Pass

When: 06-07.09; 22.09; 30.09
Where: Pokrovsky bul'var,11 Room Z-117, HSE Cultural Centre
Working hours: Monday-Friday 10:00 - 19:00 (technical break 13:00 - 14:00)
Contact number: 8 (495) 772-95-90* 11032

For the electronic pass' issue it is necessary to carry with you student card (renewed) or certificate from the study office (if student card is lost).

5.  Receive a Library Card

Read the Library Use Policy here: https://library.hse.ru/documents.

Fill in the online registration form on the Library website at: https://library.hse.ru.  

To get registered, you need a student ID card number and an HSE University corporate e-mail address.

Upon getting a library membership, every user is assigned a bar code for their personal identification, which can be used as a library card.

6.  Receive a Moscow Social Card (for public transport discounts)

A social card can be obtained from a local office of the Moscow Multifunctional Centre (‘My Documents’).

① Check to see if your data has been included on the Moscow Social Register’s website: check the register of students/residents/doctoral students

② Complete registration on the www.mos.ru portal and submit an application for the issue of a Moscow social card through your personal account. Applications are usually processed within 30 calendar days. You can check the status of your application through your personal account or by visiting here. International students may submit an application for the issue of a Moscow social card in person at one of the My Documents centers (regardless of their place of residence or place of study).

③  Pick up your Moscow social card from the My Documents centre that you selected when making an application for it. 

Important: if your personal data is not found in the Register, you must contact the manager of your Programme Office as soon as possible.

7.  Obtain a MIR Card from VTB Bank (only for international students who are entitled to scholarships)

In partnership with Branch N. 7701 of VTB Bank, HSE University’s accountants oversee the issue of scholarship debit cards (note: these are not social cards) with free banking services and with a special HSE University design (our mascot, the Crow).

You must send to std@hse.ru:

☑   a photo/scan of a completed and signed application;

☑  a photo/scan of a notarized translation of your passport;

☑  a photo/scan of your temporary registration.

In the subject line of your e-mail, please state the following: «Issue of MIR scholarship card from HSE University, Year 1, 2021». A response will be sent with further instructions.

Students will be notified about the place, date and time for their card’s issue via their HSE University e-mail accounts.

More information at HSE University Accounting Center page: https://www.hse.ru/org/hse/aup/ubu/scholarships  

8.  Apply for a Certificate of Attendance (if necessary)

References as well as transcripts, transcripts, extracts from orders, as well as copies of diplomas and other documents are ordered on the program website in the section "Students" - "References".
Please note that certificates to the military enlistment office and income certificates are prepared by other departments of the Higher School of Economics.

Term of execution is from 3 to 10 working days from the moment of application depending on the type of certificate. Prepared certificates can be obtained in the Study office.

Useful links

Academic Handbook covers all matters related to studying at HSE University.