International Students to Receive Tuition Fee Discounts at HSE
International students enrolled in fee-paying places of HSE Bachelor’s and Master’s programmes in 2017 are eligible for tuition fee discounts. Moreover, discounts will be offered to participants of HSE student competitions and graduates of HSE Pre-University programmes, as well as those potential students who have graduated from the University’s partner schools.
In 2017, the ratio of enrolled international students eligible for a discount and students registered with no discount will come to around 1:1.
The size of the discount offered to international students shall be fixed and granted to foreign nationals for the entire duration of their studies. However, each year it will be necessary to confirm this with good academic performance. This means that a recipient should meet the following requirement: not be subject to disciplinary action in the form of reprimand. Moreover, upon completion of each and any interim assessment (before retakes), he/she should have no more than two grades lower than 6 (on a 10-point grading scale). Finally, the student must not to miss any assessments for no valid reason.
International students will be eligible for discounts for all Bachelors’ programmes, except for those programmes that are offered on a fee-paying basis only.
The following applicants are eligible for discounts to HSE Bachelor’s programmes (this discount is calculated in relation to the programme tuition fee for each academic year):
- first place winners in a subject-specific International Youth Olympiad — 70%;
- other prize winners at a subject-specific International Youth Olympiad — 50%;
- participants in the second round of ‘Vysshaya Proba’ competitions who were short of winning places by 1 to 10 points — 50%;
- participants in the second round of ‘Vysshaya Proba’ competitions — 25%;
- graduates of the HSE Preparatory Year programme (with no failed assignments) — 25%;
- graduates of HSE’s partner schools (based on educational partnership agreements) — 25%.
HSE offers the following types of discounts to international applicants applying to Master’s programmes (this discount is calculated in relation to the programme’s tuition fee for each academic year):
- discount for the graduates of the HSE Preparatory Year programme — 25%;
- discount for the graduates of other universities who spent a part of their undergraduate/Master’s programme at HSE on a fee/paying basis (e.g., a semester in Moscow, Math in Moscow, or RFL programmes) — 25% (academic transcript confirming studies at HSE (at least one semester, no failed assignments) is required);
- discount for the graduates of the Summer University programme — 10% (a certificate of participation in the Summer University programme and an academic transcript confirming studies at HSE (at least two courses completed with no failed assignments) is required);
- discount for the graduates of HSE undergraduate/specialist programmes — 25%;
- discounts for participants of the HSE Student Competition for Students and Graduates:
- Class I diploma in one subject — 25%;
- Class II diploma in one subject —20%;
- Class III diploma in one subject —15%.
Furthermore, participants in competitions who were short of winning places by 1 to 10 points may receive a 10% discount.
Please note that a foreign national may be granted only one discount at a time. Should an international applicant be eligible for more than one discount from the table, he/she may select only one discount at his/her own discretion.
In addition, HSE faculties and departments may grant their own discount, which can be summed up with other discounts, to international students.