- Associate Professor:HSE Campus in St. Petersburg / St.Petersburg School of Economics and Management / Department of Finance
- Olga Makarova has been at HSE University since 2014.
Education and Degrees
Candidate of Sciences* (PhD)
St. Petersburg University of Economics and Finance
According to the International Standard Classification of Education (ISCED) 2011, Candidate of Sciences belongs to ISCED level 8 - "doctoral or equivalent", together with PhD, DPhil, D.Lit, D.Sc, LL.D, Doctorate or similar. Candidate of Sciences allows its holders to reach the level of the Associate Professor.
Continuing education / Professional retraining / Internships / Study abroad experience
- Big Data analysis (Synergy, 2021)
- Corporate Finance (Bachelor’s programme; St.Petersburg School of Economics and Management; 3 year, 3, 4 module)Eng
- Data Analysis Techniques in Finance (Master’s programme; St.Petersburg School of Economics and Management; 1 year, 1, 2 module)Eng
- Data Analysis Techniques in Finance (Master’s programme; St.Petersburg School of Economics and Management; 2 year, 1, 2 module)Eng
- Finance, Fundraising and Crowdfunding (Master’s programme; St.Petersburg School of Economics and Management; 1 year, 2 module)Eng
- Sustainable Finance (Master’s programme; St.Petersburg School of Economics and Management; 1 year, 3, 4 module)Eng
Author's courses and master-classes (in Russian, in English):
International conferences, guest lectures & courses:
1992-2008 - CFO, fin.manager, controller with Russian subsidiaries of international companies: AT&T (Lucent TEchnologies), Gillette, Tele2, Pratt & Whitney Rus, GeoLogistics.
2008-2011, 2015-2021 - lecturer, director of international programs, CEMS Executive board member and member of finance committee, GSOM SPbU
since 2008 - business consultant, visiting lecturer at HSE Spb, SWISSAM, SPbUE&F, AlmaU
Consulting (since 1998 till now)
Academic adviser of consulting projects for the companies:
MTS, VympelCom, Megafon, Tele2, Gazpromneft, Rosneft, Almatyinzstroy, Lenta, Ahlers Logistics, Amrest, Netwrix, VCV, L'Oreal, P&G, FAR & other
Personal consulting, incl.:
Academic (rus & engl) and administrative experience in the Universities:
Since 2019 - CMBE (Certified Management and Business Educator), status awarded by CABS (Chartered Association of Business Schools, UK)