- Dean, Professor:Faculty of Creative Industries
- Chief Editor :Faculty of Creative Industries / Editorial Office of 'Communications. Media. Design' Journal
- Member of the HSE Academic Council
- Andrey Bystritskiy has been at HSE University since 2004.
Education and Degrees
Candidate of Sciences* (PhD) in General Pedagogy, History of Pedagogy and Education
USSR Academy of Pedagogic Sciences
Lenin Moscow State Teacher Training Institute
According to the International Standard Classification of Education (ISCED) 2011, Candidate of Sciences belongs to ISCED level 8 - "doctoral or equivalent", together with PhD, DPhil, D.Lit, D.Sc, LL.D, Doctorate or similar. Candidate of Sciences allows its holders to reach the level of the Associate Professor.
- Article Быстрицкий А. Г., Шариков А. В. О представленности России в глобальном информационном онлайн-пространстве // Международная жизнь. 2021. № 2. С. 76-93.
- Book Быстрицкий А. Г., Санаи М. Беседы о будущем, которого пока нет. Россия и мир в XXI веке. Вече, 2020.
- Article Быстрицкий А. Г., Шариков А. В., Бережная Т. С., Щенников А. С. Тенденции развития эфирного русскоязычного радиовещания за рубежом в 2010-2018 гг. // Международная жизнь. 2018. № 11. С. 36-53.
- Book Радиовещание в России в 2015 году. Состояние, тенденции и перспективы развития: Отраслевой доклад / Под общ. ред.: А. Г. Быстрицкий, О. Я. Ермолаева, А. В. Шариков. М. : Федеральное агентство по печати и массовым коммуникациям, 2016.
- Chapter Быстрицкий А. Г. Предисловие. Наша реплика во всемирной дискуссии // В кн.: Мир на взводе: пружина разжимается. Эксмо, 2015. С. 7-9.
- Article Быстрицкий А. Г. Сериалы начинают и выигрывают: телешоу между аттракционом и драмой // Логос. 2014. № 6(102). С. 209-217.
- Article Быстрицкий А. Г., Шушарин Д. Неототалитаризм, или скучные ошибки века // Международная жизнь. 2012. № 2. С. 49-61.
Development of Faculty of Creative Industries Discussed at HSE Academic Council Meeting
On March 1, the HSE University Academic Council held a meeting at the building on Pokrovsky Bulvar. The main focus of the meeting was the development of the Faculty of Creative Industries. A secret ballot was also held for the competition to fill faculty positions.
Creative Industries, Social Protection Measures, and Research Income: HSE in 2022
A regular session of the HSE Academic Council considered the key aspects of university’s operations in 2022. In particular, the business plan for 2022 and the planning period of 2023 and 2024 was approved, the decision to rename the Faculty of Communications, Media and Design to the Faculty of Creative Industries was made, and the Regulations on Organization of Interim and Ongoing Assessment of Students were approved.
How HSE University’s Newly Launched Film Institute Will Work
The founders of the HSE Film Institute have described it as an alternative to acknowledged film schools, a brand-new approach to cinema education, and a place to learn acting skills under the industry’s best teachers. On November 22, HSE University Rector Nikita Anisimov welcomed renowned Russian film producers, actors and other industry professionals to an event dedicated to the new institute.
HSE Rector: Universities Should Create New Educational and Research Products and Expand Human Capital
How should the universities of the Asia-Pacific region develop in the digital era, what challenges does the Russian labour market face, and what are the prospects of the Far East and Arctic region? These were some of the topics discussed during the first day of the Eastern Economic Forum, which featured the participation of HSE Rector Nikita Anisimov and other HSE University experts.
Telling Stories Festival to Be Held Online for the First Time
On May 15-16, 2020, Telling Stories, a communications, media, and design festival that is dedicated to ideas, innovations, and modern technology in the creative industry, will be held online. The HSE Faculty of Communications, Media, and Design is the festival organizer, and the speakers include film directors Paul W.S. Anderson and Vadim Perelman.
Telling Stories Festival to Spotlight Current Global Media Trends
On May 17 and 18, the annual Telling Stories festival, organized by the Faculty of Communications, Media and Design, will take place in Moscow. Festival guests will be able to attend a public talk with a Hollywood director, learn how to create their own successful micromedia, see a theater performance by HSE students and much more. Entry to all of the festival events is free.
Telling Stories Festival to Be Organized by HSE for the Second Time
On May 17 and 18, 2019 the HSE Faculty of Communications, Media and Design is organizing its second annual Telling Stories festival. The event attracts renowned film directors, producers, photographers, curators of international projects, and trend-setting designers.
UNESCO Report on Global Press Freedom Presented at HSE
The presentation of UNESCO's report ‘Global Trends in Freedom of Expression and Mass Media Development’ was held at the Higher School of Economics. It was an opportunity to discuss journalism and the growing gap between traditional regulators and modern consumers of media.
Research on the Runet Economy 2014-2015
The HSE with the Russian Association for Electronic Communications (RAEC) has prepared a report on the economics of the internet services and content market in 2014-1015. The main point of the research was to evaluate how the crisis has affected the long-term development of the industry and to adjust previous predictions.
Russian Universities in World Rankings
HSE Rector Yaroslav Kuzminov Talks with Gazeta.ru on Education Reform and Russian Universities’ Problems with Inclusion in World Rankings.
New Structure of the HSE
The Higher School of Economics will undergo a number of structural changes in spring 2014. ‘Big’ faculties, which will provide educational programmes, are being created as part of the university. The faculties will include departments and schools, as well as research centres and departments of continuing education. The new university structure is part of the roadmap aimed at improving the HSE’s global competitiveness.