Marina Yurievna Sheresheva
- Visiting Specialist:HSE Publishing House
- Visiting Lecturer:Graduate School of Business / Department of Marketing
- Marina Yurievna Sheresheva has been at HSE University since 2017.
Education and Degrees
According to the International Standard Classification of Education (ISCED) 2011, Candidate of Sciences belongs to ISCED level 8 - "doctoral or equivalent", together with PhD, DPhil, D.Lit, D.Sc, LL.D, Doctorate or similar. Candidate of Sciences allows its holders to reach the level of the Associate Professor.
A post-doctoral degree called Doctor of Sciences is given to reflect second advanced research qualifications or higher doctorates in ISCED 2011.
Articles and book chapters14
- Article Sheresheva M. Y., Valitova L. A., Sharko E., Buzulukova E. V. Application of Social Network Analysis to Visualization and Description of Industrial Clusters: A Case of the Textile Industry // Journal of Risk and Financial Management. 2022. Vol. 15. No. 3. Article 129. doi
- Chapter Berezka S., Sheresheva M. Y., Rebiazina V. A. Consumers and Businesses Response to the COVID-19 Pandemic: Is it about the Digital Shift?, in: Annual GSOM Emerging Markets Conference 2020. Conference book. Graduate School of Management, St. Petersburg State University, 2020. P. 214-219.
- Article Sheresheva M. Y., Sharko E. Past and future of theme parks: customer experiences as a trump card // Современные проблемы сервиса и туризма. 2020. Vol. 14. No. 2. P. 7-17. doi
- Article Cherenkov V., Sheresheva M. Y., Starov S., Gladkikh I., Tanichev A., Berezka S., Savelev I., Yussuf A. Sustainability trends and consumer perceived risks towards private labels // Entrepreneurship and Sustainability Issues. 2020. Vol. 8. No. 1. P. 347-362. doi
- Chapter Nikolaeva E., Berezka S., Sheresheva M. Y. What brand logo is more suitable: examining explicit and implicit consumer perceptions for dairy products, in: Proceedings of the European Marketing Academy Issue 49th. EMAC, 2020.
- Chapter Berezka S., Sheresheva M. Y., Galkina N., Zhigulskaya D., Gorbunova A. Understanding the role of brand mascots using consumer neuroscience research methods, in: Proceedings of the European Marketing Academy Issue 48th. EMAC, 2019.
- Chapter Sheresheva M. Y., Anisimov V., Berezka S., Boyko L., Kushnir A. Neuromarketing tools to predict the level of perceiving and understanding texts in commercials, in: Conference Proceedings GSOM Emerging Markets Conference 2018. St. Petersburg University, 2018. P. 53-56.
- Chapter Sheresheva M. Y., Buzulukova E. V. Senior Sport Tourism in Russia, in: Social Networks and the Economics of Sports / Ed. by P. M. Pardalos, V. A. Zamaraev. Springer, 2014. P. 59-75. doi
- Article Bek M. A., Bek N. N., Sheresheva M. Y., Johnston W. Perspectives of SME innovation clusters development in Russia // Journal of Business & Industrial Marketing. 2013. Vol. 28. No. 3. P. 240-259. doi
- Article Sheresheva M. Y., Peresvetov S. B. Inter-firm Relationships of Russian SMEs: A Way to Survive the Crisis and to Innovate // Journal of Entrepreneurship & Innovation. 2012. Vol. IV. No. 4. P. 1-19.
- Chapter Sheresheva M. Y. International hotel chains on the Russian market, in: Advances in Hospitality and Tourism Marketing & Management. Corfu : , 2012.
- Chapter Sheresheva M. Y., Balaeva O., Predvoditeleva M., Tretyak O., Burnatseva E. Network Strategies of Hospitality Companies in Emerging and Transitory Economies: Evidence from Russia, in: Service Science Research, Strategy and Innovation: Dynamic Knowledge Management Methods / Ed. by N. Delener. Hershey : IGI Global, 2012. P. 519-546.
- Article Sheresheva M. Y., Kolesnik N. A. Stochastic Perspective of Industrial Distribution Network Processes // Industrial Marketing Management. 2011. Vol. 40. P. 979-987. doi
- Chapter Kolesnik N. A., Sheresheva M. Y. Distribution Network Relations in Chemical Industry, in: 3rd Annual EuroMed Conference of the EuroMed Academy of Business. Conference reading book proceedings / Ed. by D. Vrontis, Y. Weber, H. R. Kaufmann, S. Tarba. Nicosia : EuroMed Press, 2010. P. 912-926.
Participation in international conferences
- Do Inter-Firm Relationships Help SMEs to Survive at the Crisis and to Innovate? Empirical Evidence from Russia. BAM2012 «Management Research Revisited: Prospects for Theory and Practice». Cardiff, UK, 2012.
- Russian a Better Place for Innovations Now: Creating Clusters in Skolkovo. 15th TCI Annual Global Conference «Constructing Placed-Based Competitiveness in Times of Global Change». Bilbao, Basque Country. 2012. Соавторы: Владимиров Ю.Л., Горохов Д.Н,, Палт М.М.
- Clusters as the Basis of Competitiveness in the World Market: The case of Winemaking Industry. Networks in the Global World. St. Petersburg, 2012.
- International Hotel Chains on the Russian Market. 2nd Advances in Hospitality and Tourism Marketing & Management Conference. Corfu, Greece, 2012.
- SMEs High-Tech Clusters in Russia: Role of Government Support to Boost Innovations. 14th TCI Annual Global Conference «Competitiveness on the Edge». Соавторы: Ю.Владимиров, С. Пересветов. Auckland, New Zealand, 2011.
- Creating Brand Value through Social Networks on Emerging Markets: Empirical Evidence from Russia. 19th International Colloquium on Relationship Marketing (ICRM). Co-authors: E.Buzulukova, D.VOlkov, A.Nekipelov. Rochester, USA, 2011.
- Joint Marketing Strategy of Business Clusters: Newcomers In Search of Competitive Advantages on the World Market. 40th EMAC Conference. Ljubliana, Slovenia, 2011.
- Emerging Business Clusters in Russian Toys & Baby-Goods Industry. 13th TCI Annual Global Conference "Competiveness, Innovative Clusters and Prosperity». Delhi, India, 2010.
- Supplier-Retailer Relationships in the Strategy of International Retailers: Empirical Evidence from Russia. Co-authors: Z.Pall, J.Hanf. 26th IMP Conference. Budapest, 2010.
- Distribution Networks in the Russian Chemical Industry. Co-author: N.Kolesnik. 26th IMP Conference. Budapest, 2010.
- Building relationships within the Russian Toys& Baby-Goods Industry. 25th IMP Conference. Marseille, 2009.
- Russian Retail Chains: Changes within the Industry and Supplier-Retailer Relationships. EMAC 2009 Conference, Nantes, France.
- Emerging Business Clusters in Russia:Building Nerwork of Relationships. 9th International Conference on Relationship Marketing. Berlin, Germany, 2009.
- Marketing in Russia: History and Modernity. IAMO Colloquium. Halle, Germany, 2009.
- Business Cluster as a Network of Relationships: An Empirical Study of Russian Industrial Sector. Co-author: O.Tretyak. 24th IMP Conference. Uppsala, 2008.
- Building Relationships By A High-Tech Startup: What Are The First Steps And The Main Problems. Co-author: A.Gruzdev. 23th IMP Conference. Manchester UK: Manchester Business School, 2007.
Membership in international professional/academic communities/organizations
European Marketing Academy (EMAC)
British Academy of Management (BAM)
Industrial Marketing and Purchasing Group (IMP Group)
Russian Association for Entrepreneurship Edication
2003 LSE Summer School, London, International Business Strategy
- 2005 Westfälische Wilhelms-Universität Muenster, Inter-Firm Networks
- 2006 York University, Schulich School of Business, The Commerzialization of Innovation and Management of Venture Growth
- 2006 Johann Wolfgang Goethe Universität, Wissenstransfer der Universitäten in Bezug auf die Transformation des Organisationssystems, Lehrplansystems und Prüfungssystems im Zusammenhang mit Bologna-Prozess
- 2007 Harvard Business School, Boston, MA
- 2007 University of California, Berkeley, Lester Center for Entrepreneurship and Innovation
- 2007 International Labour Organisation (ILO) International Training Centre Turin, Higher education system quality enhancing in line with the Bologna Declaration
- 2009 EFER European Entrepreneurship Colloquium
- 2010 IESE Business School, Barcelona
- 2011 Georgia State University, USA
- 2013 Динамичная модель обучения предпринимательству
- Business Analytica Europe Ltd. (1996-2000)
- PRP Weber Shandwick (2000-2001)
- Russicon (Russian International Consulting) (2001-2003)
- Empresa Consultora Cei (ECCEI) S.a.r.l. (2004-2005)
- Inter-firm networks
- International Business Strategy
- Hospitality and Tourism
Research projects and grants
- Network Organization Forms on Emergent Markets: Relationships with Clients (2013)
- Networks and Chains in Hospitality and Torism (2013)
- Inter-Firm Networking in BRIC countries (2012)
- Innovation in Russian Manufacturing Units of International Corporations (2012)
- Network Forms of Business Organization (2012)
- Network Forms of Business Organization (2011)
- Information Services in the Economy and Business (2011)
- Inter-Firm Relationships Performance. Types of Inter-Firm Networks (2010)
- Foundations of Fairness in Business-to-Business Relationships: A Multi-National Collaboration (2009)
- The Economics of Regional Development Effects of the Transition in Russia and Ukraine: Implications for Private Sector Supply Chains (TACIS-ACE Project. European Network for Integrated Materials Management)
Strategies of Marketing
From November 6th – 26th the HSE Faculty of Management again welcomed Wesley Johnston, Professor at Georgia State University (USA) who this time came to Moscow funded by the Fulbright Senior Specialist programme. What did he and his colleague Olga Tretyak, Head of the HSE Department of Strategic Marketing, manage to achieve during this time?