Анализ политических курсов
- Students will learn about the main characteristics of the making and implementation of public policy in the countries of the post-Soviet space.
- characterizes business actors' roles in countries of post-Soviet areas
- characterizes the dynamics of international influence on policy making process in the post-Soviet countries
- knows main arguments of authoritarian modernization theory and its opponents
- knows the main concepts that are used to analyze policymaking
- predicts the effects of institutional designs on the policy making process
- understands the role and the limits of the influence of NGOs and civil society in the post-Soviet countries
- Intro: governance and public policy in the post-Soviet space
- Institutional design
- Political regime
- Business interests
- NGOs and civil society
- International influence
- Seminar participationStudents are expected to attend each seminar and regularly participate in discussions. The instructor grades the participation during the seminars based on the quality of answers, demonstration of engagement with the assigned readings and home tasks, and overall quantitative involvement in the in-class activities.
- Low-stakes writing
- 2021/2022 2nd module0.5 * Seminar participation + 0.1 * Low-stakes writing + 0.4 * Exam
- Cairney, P. (2011). Understanding Public Policy : Theories and Issues. Palgrave Macmillan.
- Weible, C. M., & Sabatier, P. A. (2017). Theories of the Policy Process (Vol. Fourth edition). Boulder, CO: Routledge. Retrieved from http://search.ebscohost.com/login.aspx?direct=true&site=eds-live&db=edsebk&AN=1451128