We train strong, marketable financiers with a broad outlook and the ability to make the right decisions at any level.
Developments in today's world show how important it is to understand the structure and the interconnectedness of financial markets, and the incentives of the players in them. They also reveal how important it is to make the right investments and financial decisions in both the financial and real sectors.
The SCF helps to make sense of this. In addition to corporate finance, our students study macroeconomics and econometrics, microeconomics and asset pricing, venture capital and value-based management, and behavioural finance. They learn how to program and work with analytical databases.
A mix of theory and practice from top professors
The programme is built on a synthesis of up-to-date theoretical knowledge and useful practical skills of finance professionals to give students the most comprehensive education and broadest career prospects.
Advanced courses in macroeconomics, corporate finance, microeconomics, theory of finance, risk management and corporate governance are taught by professors who hold PhDs and doctoral degrees.
Practice-oriented courses, such as business valuation, M&A, financial modelling, accounting and venture capital, are taught by practitioners from KPMG, Ernst & Young, PricewaterhouseCoopers, consultancies and financiers with extensive experience working in emerging market environments.
Soft and hard skills balance is one of the SCF advantages highly appreciated by our Alumni.
Double Degree Programmes
Students can study semester abroad, or do their second year in a partner university and obtain two diplomas. Our partner universities include Erasmus University, Lancaster University (UK), Humboldt University (Germany), University of Luxembourg, and others.
The educational process is closely intertwined with the work of the Corporate Finance Laboratory at the HSE University. Students conduct research and can try to publish an article in the Journal of Corporate Finance Research.
Networking and Professional Community
For two years, you will join a cosmopolitan academic community where the professionalism of financiers meets open-mindedness. Students expand their professional networks by interacting with top professionals in the field, including programme alumni.
More than once, alumni have hired our students, thanks to the skills and level of expertise they gain in the programme.
- Courses based on classic theories Advanced Macroeconomics, Advanced Microeconomics, Theory of Finance).
- Instrumental courses (Advanced Econometrics).
- Core professional courses (Corporate Finance-2, Business Valuation-2).
- Electives (Corporate Governance, Corporate Risk Management, Consolidated Financial Statements, Financial Modelling, etc.).
- Obligatory minor (wide choice).
- Research seminar and project work.
Some examples of companies where programme alumni have found employment:
- IB: Goldman Sachs, J.P. Morgan, Morgan Stanley, Barclays, Citigroup, Sberbank CIB, VTB Capital, etc.
- Consulting: McKinsey, BCG, ATKearney, Oliver Wyman, Bain & Company, M&A boutiques.
- Asset Management: diverse hedge, mutual and private equity funds.
- Business Valuation: KPMG, PwC, E&Y, Deloitte.
- Multinationals: AkzoNobel, L’Oreal, Unilever, ExxonMobil, Gazprom, Rosneft, RusAl, etc.
You have two options to enrol in the SCF programme:
- Participate in Open Doors: Russian Scholarship Project.
- Participate in the portfolio competition (following steps on the international admission page).
Study strategic corporate finance in a rigorous, dynamic environment alongside motivated students and expert professionals in the capital of Russia. Apply today!