The Master of Finance at HSE University is a fully online degree programme designed for Coursera.
The programme boasts numerous advantages, including its distinguished teaching staff consisting of holders of CFA, FRM, and ACCA certifications, along with top financial industry management professionals from a variety of industries and backgrounds.
It includes courses that have been developed based on an annual trend survey of leading global employers, as well as training in ethical and professional standards developed by the CFA Institute.
The programme boasts numerous advantages, including:
Who should consider this programme
- Recent alumni and industry professionals in financial analysis, asset management, and corporate finance
- Early-career consulting and investment professionals looking to become leaders in their companies and in the industry
Benefits of the programme
- ability to study online on their own schedule from anywhere in the world
- project work in five areas: company valuation, market valuation, trading strategies, risk management strategies, and fundraising strategies
- ethical and professional standards developed by the CFA Institute
- HSE and CFA community
The knowledge and skills gained during the master's programme will give you the opportunity to pursue a career with Russian and international:
- investment funds
- rating agencies
- consulting firms
- audit and accounting companies and other financial institutions
You will also be well positioned to work as a financial analyst or corporate finance specialist in a variety of government agencies, non-profit organizations, and institutions of higher and vocational education that focus on academic research and training in financial analysis.
The programme is particularly useful for students looking to pursue a career involving forecasts of investment outlook in emerging markets.
Graduates of the programme have held positions at:
- Bloomberg L.P.
- BNP Paribas
- the Central Bank of Russia
- Renaissance Capital
- Russian Railways
- Thompson Reuters
- World Bank
How to apply
Applicants to the programme are required to take part in a portfolio competition and must meet the following requirements for admission:
a bachelor's degree
or the equivalent
strong knowledge of English + computer literacy
Additional advantages in the selection process:
- previous experience in finance
- confirmation that you have studied Quantitative Finance
During your studies
- Basic courses cover economic theory and methods, econometrics, and finance. This helps align students' knowledge level by providing the tools required to advance to the chosen field of specialization.
- Specialized and elective courses align with the thematic sections of the CFA Common Body of Knowledge (CBOK) and include project work in five areas: company valuation, market valuation, trading strategies, risk management strategies, and fundraising strategies.
- As electives, students can choose applied courses in data analysis and machine learning in finance.
- webinars with HSE academic leaders
- online master’s classes taught by leading Russian and foreign experts in the field of finance, capital structure, investment vehicles, alternative investments, and working capital management
- forums and chats with assistants