The Master of Finance at HSE University is a fully online degree program.
It includes courses that have been developed based on an annual trend survey of leading global employers, as well as training in ethical and professional standards developed by the CFA Institute.
The program boasts numerous advantages, including:
This program is for
- Recent alumni and industry professionals in financial analysis, asset management, and corporate finance
- Early-career consulting and investment professionals looking to become leaders in their companies and in the industry
About future profession
While large-scale digitalization has automated many financial processes and accelerated complex calculations, specialists are still required for high quality analysis. The important Financial analyst functions are:
- To help to improve financial management
- To manage risks
- To offer investment options
- To secure resources for development
- To provide qualitative and quantitative assessment at the micro and macro levels.
Indeed, a recent study by experts from the HSE Institute for Statistical Studies and Economics of Knowledge (ISSEK) shows that financial analysts are among the 37 professions with the most future potential. This position is well paid and in demand at Central and private banks, government bodies, investment and insurance companies, hedge and private equity funds, Fintech companies.
Benefits of the program
- ability to study online on your own schedule from anywhere in the world
- project work in the five areas: company valuation, market valuation, trading strategies, risk management strategies, and fundraising strategies
- international student group
The knowledge and skills gained during the master's program will give you the opportunity to pursue a career with Russian and international:
- investment funds
- hedge funds
- rating agencies
- consulting firms
- audit and accounting companies and other financial institutions
You will also be ready to work as a financial analyst or corporate finance specialist in a variety of government agencies, non-profit organizations and educationional institutions concentated on academic research and training in financial analysis.
How to apply
Applicants to the program are required to take part in a portfolio competition and must meet the following requirements for admission:
a bachelor's degree
or the equivalent
strong knowledge of English + computer literacy
Additional advantages in the selection process:
- previous experience in finance
- confirmation that you have studied Quantitative Finance
During your studies
On the HSE Platform
- Foundation courses cover economic theory and methods, econometrics, and finance. This helps align students' knowledge level by providing the tools required to advance to the chosen field of specialization.
- Specialization and electives fits the CFA Common Body of Knowledge (CBOK).
- As electives, students can choose applied courses in data analysis and machine learning in finance.
- webinars with the HSE academic and industry leaders
- online master’s classes taught by leading Russian and foreign experts in the field of finance, capital structure, investment vehicles, alternative investments, and working capital management
- forums and chats with assistants
Instructors come from the CFA community in the USA, Europe, and Asia
Other Master’s Programs