The proposed program is focused on the model of training financial specialists, which combines the study of the theoretical foundations of financial Economics with the simultaneous study of applied financial disciplines and in-depth study and use of modern mathematical tools, which ensures the continuity of theoretical and applied courses. The master's degree system built in this way will allow students to start practical work in the divisions of companies that offer their clients asset protection services against various financial risks after completing their studies.
The target audience of this master's program is graduates of the country's leading technical and economic universities who have a high level of mathematical training and are focused on working in the financial sector. And also for those who want to enter a new professional field in the field of Finance. Our program is designed for ambitious, dynamic students who are able to plan their time and focus on performing intellectual tasks.
- practice-oriented program;
- the program attracts domestic and foreign experts, working in international companies such as the Ministry of Finance of the Russian Federation; Sberbank of Russia; the Central Bank of the Russian Federation; Alfa-Bank; Finam Bank and Finam, OOO "Moscow partners"; "RENOVA-StroyGroup", etc.;
- students are encouraged to choose elective courses;
- students take part in projects of the project and training laboratory of financial market analysis (LAFR);
- students are offered master classes, projects, case studies and seminars conducted by highly qualified business experts;
- students of the program can also participate in international internships or take part in one of the double degree programs, with a trip to study abroad and receive two diplomas - a master's degree from the higher school of Economics and a master's degree from one of the foreign partner universities of the faculty / University. We cooperate with European universities (Sorbonne (for those who know French), Luxembourg (research program), Erasmus, Humboldt, Maastricht University, etc.)
- evening and Saturday classes allow students to study and work at the same time;
- students gain useful connections for their future careers.
A graduate in the field of Finance and credit with the qualification (degree) "master" in accordance with the tasks of professional activity and the goals of the main educational program has the following professional competencies:
- is able to conduct a full-fledged fundamental analysis of financial instruments (stocks and bonds), determine entry and exit points, develop investment strategies that allow you to get higher than market returns, and perform the functions of a financial analyst;
- able to design structural financial products and evaluate their effectiveness for the retail investor and the Issuer of such products;
- able to develop and apply new financial technologies;
- able to use derivative financial instruments for insurance and building various investment strategies;
- able to evaluate and compare various methods of financing the real sector (banking, stock market instruments, crowdfunding, hybrid financing methods);
- is able to understand the tools of the international financial market, use the tools of the global financial market to attract funds and design investment strategies;
- able to use the most up-to-date methods and tools of global financial science to analyze theoretical and practical issues;
- able to conduct a full analysis of investment projects in the real and financial sector;
- able to evaluate and design mergers and acquisitions;
- able to evaluate and build an effective investment portfolio;
- is able to use modern information technologies and software tools in professional activities, set tasks for specialized specialists in the development of special ICT and SOFTWARE for solving professional problems;
- able to present the results of the research to the scientific community in the form of a report (presentation) and an article.
The curriculum of the master's program is focused on the model of training financial specialists, which combines the study of the theoretical foundations of financial Economics with the simultaneous study of applied financial disciplines and in-depth study and use of modern mathematical tools, which ensures continuity of theoretical and applied courses. The master's degree system built in this way will allow students to start practical work in the divisions of companies that offer their clients asset protection services against various financial risks after completing their studies.
All disciplines of the master's program are combined into the following blocks:
A block of adaptive distance learning courses (designed for those who do not have a basic economic education), for example, the Basics of microeconomics (Microeconomics Principles)
Block 1. Disciplines, which consists of a cycle of General disciplines of the direction, program disciplines and variable disciplines of the student's choice. The exact list of disciplines and requirements is contained in the curricula approved annually by the University.
Block 2. Practice and project and research work
Block 3. State final certification