The first intake of students was made in 2015.
The MA programme is opened to all bachelors and specialists with majors in the humanities: philology, philosophy, linguistics, cultural studies, and history. Those students who have passed entrance exams but do not have degrees in linguistics or philology have the opportunity to attend intensive bridging programme courses that will allow them to get the knowledge required for mastering the HSE programme.
This programme focuses on the fundamental training of graduates in a chosen area of specialization. The basis of the programme lies in original courses taught by leading Russian and foreign experts in the theory and methods of teaching, translation, linguistics, philology and intercultural communication. A portion of the subjects will be taught in a foreign language. Training in the programme involves undergraduates’ participation in research seminars and projects, which will give them the necessary academic and professional skills and knowledge that will prepare them to work in their chosen profession.
The programme offers a number of advantages, including balanced amalgamation of cutting edge courses (most of which have no analogues in other Russian institutions) and various forms of practical application of knowledge available for students; plus, project-based learning is a key element of the programme. Currently, the opportunities for double-degree Master’s programme are being discussed with university of Kent, Lancaster University, University of Amsterdam, and University of Barcelona.
The graduates will:
· be prepared to take professional international exams for English teachers (TKT, CELTA, DELTA);
· be able to develop their own foreign language courses;
· be prepared to conduct interdisciplinary research in the field of foreign language teaching and testing, theory and practice of translation and intercultural communication.
· understand the specific features of organizing and conducting science research seminars, science research projects, educational practice and internships;
· have basic theoretical and methodological training necessary for successfully solving professional problems in research, pedagogical, translating, editing and publishing and analytical types of work.
Advantages of the programme: a well-planned mix of innovative courses (many of which are unique in the Russian education system), a variety of methods to test the skills and knowledge that you gained during your courses in practice, a widely implemented project-based form of studying. The potential of future partnership in double degree education with universities of Milan, Venice, Lancaster, Kent, Amsterdam and Barcelona
· Teaching foreign languages and cultures
· A portfolio that reflects the academic, research, social, cultural and sporting achievements of the applicant; as well as their professional publications and participation in professional associations and conferences + interview;
· A foreign language test (English, French, German).
Students can apply for scholarships or tuition-paid places.
In 2017 the programme has 5 tuition-paid places for non-Russian citizens.