The first students were enrolled in 2015.
The Master's Programme "Foreign Languages and Intercultural Communication" is opened to all bachelors and specialists majoring in the Humanities and other fields. Those students who have been admitted but do not have degrees in linguistics or philology have the opportunity to attend intensive bridging programme courses that will enable them to get the knowledge and skills required for steering comfortably at the Programme.
The Programme welcomes both Russian and international applicants.
The Programme focuses on the fundamental and applied training of graduates in the following specializations: 1) Foreign Language Teaching; 2) Translation and Interpreting Studies; 3) Intercultural Communication in a Global Communication Space; 4) Linguistic Research in a Modern Interdisciplinary Context.
The Programme comprises original courses taught by leading Russian and international experts in education, language teaching, translation and interpreting, linguistics, philology, and intercultural communication. The courses are taught in English and in Russian. The specializations "Foreign Language Teaching" and "Intercultural Communication in a Global Communication Space" are taught exclusively in English, with the exception of courses in Spanish, French, Italian, German, and Chinese.
Training in the programme involves undergraduates’ participation in research seminars and projects, which will give them the necessary academic and professional skills and knowledge that will prepare them to work in the specialization they choose.
You can familiarize yourselves with the Programme curricula here
The Programme offers a number of advantages, including balanced amalgamation of cutting-edge courses, most of which have no analogues in other Russian institutions, and various forms of practical application of knowledge and skills available for students; plus, project-based learning is a key element of the Programme. The Programme offers opportunities for students' domestic and international academic mobility. For more information about academic mobility, click here
The graduates will:
· be prepared to take professional international exams, including those for English teachers (TKT, CELTA, DELTA)
· be able to design their own foreign language courses
· be prepared to conduct mono- and interdisciplinary research in the fields of linguistics; foreign language teaching and testing; translation and interpreting; cross- and intercultural communication
· understand specific features of organizing, conducting, and participating in research seminars, research projects, conferences, and internships both domestically and internationally
· have basic theoretical and methodological training necessary for successfully solving professional problems in research, teaching, translating, interpreting, cross- and intercultural communication, editing and publishing, and management in the mentioned areas.
Advantages of the programme: a well-planned integration of innovative courses, many of which are unique in the Russian education system; a variety of methods to practice and test the skills and knowledge that you gained during your courses; practices of project-based studying; domestic and international academic mobility.
· Foreign Language Teaching (taught exclusively in English, with the exception of courses in other foreign languages)
· Translation and Interpreting Studies (taught in English and in Russian)
· Intercultural Communication in the Global Information Space (taught exclusively in English, with the exception of courses in other foreign languages)
· Linguistic Research in a Modern Interdisciplinary Context (taught in English and in Russian)
· A portfolio
that features applicants' academic, professional, social, cultural, and other achievements and sporting achievements including, but not limited to conference participation and publications. The portfolio includes a collection of documents confirming applicants' achievements and an interview.
Students can apply for full scholarships/state-funded admissions or pay for their tuition.
For more information about the portfolio composition and criteria along with the admissions deadlines, rules, regulations, and other facts, click here
For other information for international prospective and current students and alumni, you are welcome to visit the Department of Internationalization