New Program Features: Russian Linguistics
One of the key research areas at School of Linguistics is Russian. We use various methods and approaches, from more traditional lexical semantics to lexical typology and variationist linguistics, covering a broad range of topics from paleography to sign language.
The domains of interest include:
- corpus studies based on resources such as Russian National Corpus (www.ruscorpora.ru) including, most importantly, a usage-based grammar of Russian (rusgram.ru)
- lexical and grammatical semantics and lexical typology
- history of Russian, including the study of birch bark manuscripts, Old Russian manuscripts and printed books
- sociolinguistics and variationist studies (web-socioling-hse.c9users.io/)
- dialectology (parasolcorpus.org/Pushkino)
- digital humanities, such as Tolstoi’s complete work with TEI and semantic annotation (tolstoy.ru/projects)
- Russian Sign Language research group (ling.hse.ru/Projects_SignLang)
- computational linguistics and natural language processing for Russian, in cooperation with Russia’s leading IT-companies.