Prerequisites: BA/Major (exceptionally, a strong minor) in linguistics or (exceptionally) in humanities. Exceptions could be granted based on interviews with the applicant – please, plan in advance. Note that in such cases an applicant may be asked to previously complete an offline assignment to demonstrate his potential in theoretical linguistics. For further enquiries and interview planning, please contact Michael Daniel, the deputy supervisor of the programme (firstname.lastname@example.org).
- Academic research portfolio: BA / MA thesis, research projects, conference and school participation, publications.
- International applicants take part in a Zoom interview with the representative of the program. During the interview, the topics to be discussed is their background in theoretical linguistics, possibly including basic notions of linguistic theory in e.g. phonetics, morphology, syntax, language classification etc. They also describe their academic experience (if applicable), e.g. participation in research projects, presentations at conferences, fieldwork etc. There is no formal examination in terms of a set of questions or tasks. Essentially, the applicant needs to justify her eligibility for the program.
- A letter of intention: a vigorous explanation why you want to enter our program and what you expect of us
- English sufficient at least for academic communication (B1):
- TOEFL and IELTS and other international certificates are accepted, otherwise an oral interview (including by Skype)
- Russian: no prerequisites