Паспорт образовательной программы
38.04.08 Финансы и кредит
Очная форма обучения, 120 ECTS
Обучение ведётся на русском и английском языках
- 70% discount for registration fee for the CFA certificate exam (of all three levels);
- Tuition is in English, courses of specialization are taught by the professors, practicing in field, most of them are CFA Charterholders;
- Possibility to take part in international student mobility programmes;
- Participation in annual student competition in financial analysis - CFA Institute Research Challenge;
- Access to electronic resources such as information terminals for financial market professionals: Thomson Reuters Eikon, Thomson Reuters DataStream, “Banks and Finance” portal of the information agency Mobile, Bankscope.
“Financial Analyst” Master program graduates:
- obtain the deep knowledge and financial analysis skills;
- are able to work as financial analysts in commercial and investment banks, hedge funds and companies of the real sector economy;
- are able to prognose processes in financial system and organizations of real economy in Russia and in foreign countries;
- are able to work out the recommendations for managers decisions based on data analysis;
- obtain competencies and applied research abilities in financial area.
“Financial Analyst” Master program graduates may act as professionals in the following areas:
01 Education and science (in professional education and continuing professional education),
08 Finance and economics (in economic, financial, marketing and analytical fields, as well as in the following professional fields: 08.003 Microfinance operations; 08.004 Providing services at stock and derivatives markets; 08.005 Brokering in insurance (re-insurance); 08.008 Financial consulting; 08.009 Factoring services; 08.010 Internal audit; 08.011 Providing long-term credits and mortgage to legal entities and individuals; 08.013 Operations at interbank market; 08.015 Loans to companies and individuals; 08.018 Company risk-management; 08.019 Consumer loans; 08.023 Audit, PL evaluation, 08.033 Distance banking services, 08.034 Investment activity of property purchase and leasing.
Graduates may act as professionals in other fields in case their level of education and gained competences can meet employer qualification requirements.
All universal, general and professional competences, set by the “Financial Analyst” master program, provide the graduates with opportunity to fulfill professional activity in not less than one professional field:
- Ability to reflect (evaluate and consider) scientific methodology and activity;
- Ability to create new approaches, to invent new ways and instruments of professional activity;
- Ability to absorb the new methods of scientific research;
- Ability to create and develop personal intellectual and culture level, to build the trajectory of professional growth and career;
- Ability to work out managerial decisions and take responsibility;
- Ability to analyze, verify and evaluate the information, to replenish or synthesize missing information, if needed;
- Ability to set up the multilateral communications and manage them;
- Ability to provide professional activity, including scientific research in international sphere.
- Ability to make applied and fundamental researches in financial sphere with the use of advanced methods of financial analysis, quotative;
- Ability to generalize and critically evaluate the results of scientific research and independently do the research projects in finance and related fields;
- Ability to make reasonable organizational managerial decisions in professional activity;
- Ability to use modern informational technologies and software in professional activity, set goals for specialists to work out special programs for professional assignments.
- Ability to make independent research in accordance with worked out program;
- Ability to present the results of the undertaken research to the scientific society via report (presentation) or the article;
- Ability to analyze and forecast the tendencies, processes and instruments of the financial market;
- Ability to analyze the financial statement of the company and financial institutions;
- Ability to evaluate financial statement;
- Ability to analyze the effectiveness of the investment policy of the company and financial institution;
- Ability to find appropriate reasons for making the managerial decisions for companies and financial institutions;
- Ability to work out the recommendations on privet finances and investment opportunities;
- Ability to execute the company and financial institute financial policy;
- Ability to implement the modern methods and methodology of teaching the financial disciplines in the higher education institutions;
- Ability to work out study plans, programs and corresponding methodical provision for teaching the financial disciplines in higher education institutions.
While learning at “Financial Analyst” Master program the students can prepare themselves for the following professional assignments :
• scientific research:
- organization and execution of scientific research, including statistical observations and surveys;
- working out of the theoretical and econometrical models of the studied processes, phenomena and objects, which are within the professional field of activity, evaluation and interpretation of the results;
- presentation of the research results;
- academic publications;
- expertizes and comments on the presented scientific researches, opposition in scientific results discussion;
- working out of assignments and project solutions in economic and finance area;
- working out of the methodological and regulation documents on project and program;
- working out the system of social-economic indicators;
- drawing up economic and financial parts of plans of the enterprises and organizations of various forms of ownership
• organizational and administrative:
- working out of the financial policy, risk management policy for companies;
- executing of the development strategy, financial policy and risk management policy for companies, organizations and their departments;
- management of the financial-economic services and departments of the enterprises and organizations of various forms of ownership,
- working out of the forecasts of financial market development;
- project effectiveness evaluation in uncertainty;
- company strategy analysis and their effectiveness evaluation;
- reporting and working out of the forecasting reporting of the companies of different industries and other organizations;
- analysis organization; working out and providing solutions for the improvement;
- forecasting the dynamics of the main social-economical and financial indicators of the enterprises, industries, regions and economics in general;
- teaching of the financial disciplines in higher and business education institutions,
- development teaching notes.
Master program “ Financial Annalist” is still the only one in Russia University Affiliation program with CFA Institute.
This is a MA Program on Finance and besides the HSE MA standard on finance programs (M1) It should fit at list at 75% the Body of Knowledge of the CFA institute. The Body of knowledge is Designed on the bases of annual surveys doing by CFA Institute concerning the competences the employers need.
The program starts from Foundation(M1) based on Macroeconomics, Advanced Econometrics and Theory of Finance. These courses provide the basic understanding of financial markets and giving the tools for quantitative analysis of financial and microeconomics data.
The part of the core disciplines (M2) are compulsory course which are needed for the Financial Analysts. It starts with Financial Statement Analyses, the course providing the accounting including international standards, understanding of the financial ratios and its interpretation. This course together with Quantitative Methods in Economics provides a solid basement for the Corporate Finance course, which deals with finance of the company, relations with shareholders, taxation, profit distribution and compensation policy.
For funds rising could be used the company profit or outside funding. These issues are solved in the course on Equity and Fixed income.
The courses on Portfolio Management and Derivatives are teaching how to make one’s investment effective, to hedge risks and avoid losses.
Eventually, the financial analysts are dealing with customers. That is why they must be honest, qualified and fit the professional standards. This is the content and the goal of the course on Ethical and Professional Standards.
Current economic theory is based on monetarism which is covered by the course on Monetary Economics.
The program provides a wide range of elective courses (M3) for the first and second year. All together student may choose 6 of them. These courses deal with special type of data analysis (like ratings) or special types of financial markets (like alternative investment).
During the first and second year of study the students have the research seminar, which major goals are:
- how to work in the library
- how to make scientific dispute
- how to make a presentations
- how to write course a paper and final thesis
Before writing the final thesis students must do their internship. The main goal of the internship is to make field studies, collect the data, understand the business processes in different organizations.
At the end of their study students must write the Final Thesis (M4) where they should demonstrate their ability to analyze data and business processes and literature on the subject of the dissertation, publicly defend their research and make a presentation reflecting their paper.
Образовательная программа высшего образования НИУ ВШЭ адаптирована для обучения на ней инвалидов и лиц с ограниченными возможностями здоровья. В учебном процессе используются специальные технические средства обучения коллективного и индивидуального пользования для инвалидов и лиц с ограниченными возможностями здоровья. Особенности адаптации программ учебных дисциплин содержатся в полной версии каждой программы учебной дисциплины и доступны студентам через электронную образовательную среду.
Все документы образовательной программы хранятся в электронном виде на настоящем сайте образовательной программы. Учебные планы, календарные учебные графики, программы учебных дисциплин разрабатываются и проходят электронные процедуры утверждения в корпоративных информационных системах. Их актуальные версии автоматически публикуются на сайте ОП. Методические материалы, оценочные средства и иные материалы образовательной программы в актуальном виде хранятся на сайте образовательной программы в соответствии локальными нормативными актами университета.
Подтверждаю актуальность комплекта документов образовательной программы, размещенных на настоящем сайте образовательной программы.
Проректор С.Ю. Рощин