700 000 RUB/year
What I will study?
The Supply Chain Management and Business Analytics bachelor programme is creative, integrative and synthetic in nature, combining managerial, technical and technological and informational components. Graduates of the program are well prepared not only in the operational activities of supply chains, but also have the tools of financial management, strategic and general management, marketing, project management, innovation and change, methods for making optimal decisions, and also have the practice of using modern information and computer technologies and are able to manage personnel in order to increase the competitiveness of the business.
The list of disciplines of the core, which forms the basic competencies in the field of management, includes such disciplines as:
-Human Resource Management
-Financial and Management Accounting
-Management: Concepts and Technologies of the 21st Century
-Logistics and Supply Chain Management
-Business Ethics and Corporate Social Responsibility
-Operational Management and Process Management
An important block is the compulsory disciplines in the profile direction:
-Transport Systems Management;
-Supply and Procurement Management;
-Warehousing Management in Supply Chains;
-Business Intelligence Systems;
-Management of Risks;
as well as blocks of elective disciplines, including:
-Modeling Business Processes in Supply Chains;
-Planning Sales and Operations in Supply Chains;
-Quality Management in Supply Chains;
-Transport Solutions Last Mile Delivery;
-Global Supply Chain Management;
-Budgeting and Integrated Planning;
-Predictive Analytics and Big Data Systems.
The programme allows students to gain knowledge not only in their field, but also in related fields, forcing them to constantly monitor technological and information innovations in order to meet modern industry requirements for their level of competence; develop soft-skills, leadership skills, design thinking, managerial decision-making, business priority management.
The benefits of the programme include:
1. Close relationship with leading industrial, trading, consulting and logistics companies. Contact with the employer allows you to constantly adjust the structure and composition of academic disciplines in accordance with the future needs of the business. In addition, students have the opportunity to undergo professional practice, carry out projects and train in leading Russian and international companies;
2. Comprehensive management training. The student's curriculum includes disciplines in ten key subject areas of modern management. Among the subject areas, there are both traditional areas of management (general and strategic management, finance and accounting, marketing, operational management and logistics, human resource management) and the necessary basic competencies (mathematics and statistics, economics), as well as aimed at the development of currently relevant managerial skills (on decision-making and business ethics, entrepreneurship, managerial social skills, leadership and team building);
3. Individual educational tracks. Students are given the opportunity to build an individual learning path, including an independent choice of specialization and courses;
4. A large amount of practical training and research work of students. Practical training (implementation of practical projects, student practice) starts from the first year and takes place with the involvement of corporate partners of the Graduate School of Business from among the largest Russian and international companies. Students have access to all the resources of the Higher School of Economics as a research university;
5. Languages. Education is conducted not only in Russian, but also in English, which allows you to learn a foreign language at a level that will give you complete freedom of communication in the academic environment and the possibility of obtaining an international certificate. At the end of the second year, all students take an independent exam in English according to international standards. As a result, students are able to study individual disciplines in English, including those offered by teachers from foreign universities, as well as study at foreign partner universities;
6. Compliance with Russian and international professional standards. The content of the program covers a list of requirements and professional tasks according to a set of professional standards of the Ministry of Labor of the Russian Federation, including: “business analyst”, “process management specialist”, “transport logistics specialist”, “purchasing specialist”, “management specialist supply chain in the aircraft industry. The content of the program is focused on the competencies of the Supply Chain Professional certificates issued by the Supply Chain Management Association, and the Entry Certificate in Business Analysis, which is issued by the International Business Intelligence Institute.
7. The teaching staff are specialists from leading companies, large consulting and information companies, leading experts, trainers-consultants and analysts of the basic departments of the Higher School of Business: Reksoft LLC, First Freight Company JSC; representatives of the Higher School of Economics campuses in Moscow and St. Petersburg. Representatives of the key partners of the Program take part in the training - the International Association for Operational Management APICS, the Lean Six Sigma Institute, Aeroflot, LLC Multiton Partners, Microsoft, Sibur, PwC, P&G, Rosneft, Itella / NLC, LLC Bidzaar, Bacardi, SAP, X5 Retail Group, FESCO, MVideo-Eldorado LLC and others.
8. The possibility of continuing education. After graduating from a bachelor's degree, graduates can continue their studies in a master's program in various programs or in foreign partner universities, as well as undergo international certification procedures on preferential terms.
During the study
"Supply Chain Management and Business Analytics" contribute to the development of personal potential and leadership qualities of graduates necessary for effective professional activity, implementing the principle of active project and practical activity of HSE students, which includes:
-Research projects of students, involving the receipt of a scientific or scientific-applied product as a result;
-Practice-oriented (applied) projects, which can result in a developed and justified design solution, business plan or business case, custom-made product;
-Service projects aimed at solving official tasks that contribute to the development of predominantly organizational and communication competencies of students;
-Excursions to manufacturing enterprises and objects of transport and storage infrastructure;
-International mobility programs.
Students of the programme take part in various specialized events and professional conferences. The programme entered into an agreement with the Council of Supply Chain Professionals, which includes managers and leading experts from more than three hundred business structures - leaders in the domestic logistics services market and representatives of logistics and supply chain management departments of trade and industrial companies.
The content of the curricula is determined by the Academic Council - a collegiate body for managing the programme that makes decisions on the content of the programme and the conditions for its implementation.
Prospects after graduation
Career Navigator of the programme: https://www.hse.ru/mirror/pubs/share/707281529.pdf
In recent years, there has been a significant expansion of the functions and powers of supply chain management specialists - for example, the list of job responsibilities, along with traditional ones (inventory management, transportation, logistics infrastructure planning, interaction with suppliers and logistics operators), includes sales forecasting, product life cycle management , pricing, product portfolio optimization.
Business analysts immerse themselves in process building, economics, finance, and research. Work with BI and reporting, visualize data. A graduate of the program is a cross-functional specialist who is able to effectively use new generation digital technologies that provide cost-effective extraction of useful information from large volumes of various data in information and analytical activities, in management and decision-making systems, as well as to develop new products and services based on them. services; a good understanding of the technical aspects of big data systems, owning tools and methods for collecting and processing data, identifying business priorities, as well as leadership skills, team management and able to use data analysis methods to manage changes in an organization.
Work in the field of business analysis is carried out by: business consultants (strategic analysts), IT analysts, product owners (product owners), product managers (product manager), product analysts, business process analysts.
On the one hand, the challenges facing the supply chain manager have long required him to be immersed in the business analysis process. On the other hand, a business analyst cannot explore a company in isolation from the key processes of the external environment, building relationships with stakeholders, and without understanding the information and material flows in which the company is involved. Thus, the program is aimed at a comprehensive understanding of the processes that link the management structure and the company's place in supply chains.
After completing their studies, graduates will be able to build a career in various business areas, for example, in large industrial and trading companies, consulting and IT companies, performing tasks at the operational and tactical level of management.
For the admission
The programne is implemented at the Graduate School of Business and offers 30 budget places and 50 places with payment of tuition fees on a contractual basis.
Admission is based on the results of the Unified State Examination and Olympiads:
Mathematics (minimum score - 65)
Foreign language (minimum score - 70)
Russian language (minimum score - 65)
We recommend you to read more about the admission rules and the number of vacancies in the Admission Pathway section.