In addition to studies and extracurricular activities, every major university offers sports. With numerous sports clubs, as well as its own teams in hockey, football, and even rugby, HSE is no exception. The HSE sports zone offers a variety of sports activities, from dancing classes to real sports competitions.
A sports tournament will take place as part of HSE Day. More details are available on the HSE Sports Club’s VK page: vk.com/hsessc.
Links for tournament registration will be available later.
Autumn is the time of rain and cloudy skies. To avoid depression and the worries about summer ending so quickly, everyone is invited to feel the energy of dance!
14:00 – 14:30 Zumba by Casablanca
14:30 – 15:00 Bachata by Casablanca
15:00 – 15:30 Salsa by Casablanca
15:30 – 16:00 Reggaeton by Casablanca
14:00 – 19:00 Football
The World Cup in Russia has ended, but impressions are still fresh. HSE Day marks the beginning of the HSE Football Championship – Russia’s biggest student football competition. The football season will open with a small tournament for students, lyceum students, staff and alumni.
- Format of one game: 5x5, two 10-minute periods;
- A team may consist of 7 to 10 players (the number should be the same during registration);
- Ball size: 5;
- HSE students, alumni, lyceum students and staff can participate;
- The goalkeeper may come from outside HSE.
Location: Neskuchny garden football field
14:00 – 19:00 Volleyball
The coming of autumn is not a reason to avoid beach volleyball, all the more so since HSE has both a men’s and women’s volleyball teams. We’ll meet on Gorky Park courts for a small tournament.
Information on the tournament:
- Men’s and women’s divisions: 8 pairs each; play-off tournament;
- Team division: 16 teams; group stage, then 8 teams progress to a knockout stage;
- 3 males and 2-3 females can enrol on a team; 4 persons from the team play on the court simultaneously, with 2 substitution players; no more than two females can be on the court in one team simultaneously; before each substitution, the teams agree that there is an equal number of men and women;
- Match until 15; game until two winning matches;
- All HSE students, alumni, lyceum students, and staff are invited to participate.
14:00 – 19:00 Ping Pong
Ping Pong is one of the most popular and affordable sports, and if you still have never played it, HSE Day is a good opportunity to start doing so. If you are an experienced player, you’ll have an opportunity to play for fun, or to take part in the competition.
- Divisions: men – 64 participants, women – 32 participants, pairs – 32 pairs.
- Game until two winning matches; matches until 11; two serves each.
14:00 – 19:00 Basketball
There are eight teams in the HSE basketball championship. They will open the season in Gorky Park, where all HSE students, alumni, and guests of the festival are invited.
- Format: streetball 3 vs. 3.
Ultimate Frisbee is the pride of HSE sports, since the university team has become the strongest student team in the national ranking!
- Master class in ultimate frisbee for beginners;
- Flubber Guts tournament; free play.
14:00 – 19:00 Extreme Zone by the HSE Extreme Sports Club
A zone for those who love active leisure! Everyone is invited to ride a skateboard, longboard or roller skates in an extreme park, to balance on a slackline, and become immersed in the atmosphere of extreme sports.
14:00 – 15:00 Registration for competitions, warm up
15:00 – 15:30 Competitions, 1st race (kick scooter/ skateboard/ longboard)
15:30 – 17:00 Free riding. Relay race.
17:00 – 17:30 Competitions, 2nd race (kick scooter/ skateboard/ longboard)
17:30 – 17:45 Results tally, awards
During the entire day, instructors from the Extreme Sports Club will teach everyone who is interested how to ride longboards and skateboards.
Exhibition performances by HSE sports clubs
HSE offers its students not only an education, but also an opportunity to succeed in other areas, such as sports. At HSE Day, you’ll learn about various sports activities and clubs, and will have an opportunity to register in them right away. Master classes and exhibition performances in wushu, rhythmic gymnastics, fighting, capoeira, wrestling and yoga will be take place at the event.