Oleg O. Zamkov
- Lecturer, Visiting Scholar, Deputy Director:International College of Economics and Finance
- Programme Academic Supervisor:HSE University and University of London Double Degree Programme in Economics
- Oleg O. Zamkov has been at HSE University since 1997.
Education, Degrees and Academic Titles
- 1990Associate Professor
Candidate of Sciences* (PhD) in Economics
Lomonosov Moscow State University
Lomonosov Moscow State University
Lomonosov Moscow State University
According to the International Standard Classification of Education (ISCED) 2011, Candidate of Sciences belongs to ISCED level 8 - "doctoral or equivalent", together with PhD, DPhil, D.Lit, D.Sc, LL.D, Doctorate or similar. Candidate of Sciences allows its holders to reach the level of the Associate Professor.
1991 Tilburg Universuty, programme of retraining
1992,1995,1996 London School of Economics & Political Science, Summer School
- Applied econometrics
- Mathematical modeling of macroeconomic processes
- Economics of education
Awards and Accomplishments
Student Term / Thesis Papers
A. Ivanova, Econometric Analysis of Relationship between Financial Sector Indicators and Economic Development. International College of Economics and Finance, 2017
M. Statirova, Factors of Regional Budget Formation in Russia. International College of Economics and Finance, 2017
I. Shulman, Forecasting Prices of the Base Metals in the Metals Market. International College of Economics and Finance, 2017
I. Bogoroditskiy, Econometric Analysis of the Information and Communication Technologies Impact on Economy. International College of Economics and Finance, 2017
A. Gulabyan, General Tendencies of Interaction between Banks and Insurance Companies. International College of Economics and Finance, 2017
M. Yunusova, Comparative Analysis of the 1st Year Resitting Students Progress. International College of Economics and Finance, 2017
I. Popov, Contemporary Dynamics of Exchange Rates, Factors and Consequences. International College of Economics and Finance, 2016
E. Grigoryev, Interaction of Fiscal and Monetary Policy. International College of Economics and Finance, 2016
A. Petrov, Econometric Analysis of Quality of Educational Institution`s Work. International College of Economics and Finance, 2016
D. Chernikov, Influence of Corruption on Economic Growth. International College of Economics and Finance, 2016
A. Kuzneczov, The Analysis of Main Factors that Influence Income Distribution of Russian Population. International College of Economics and Finance, 2014
A. Xalatov, Influence of Education on Economic Growth of Russia. International College of Economics and Finance, 2014
T. Egorova, Dynamica and factors of inflation in modern Russian economy. International College of Economics and Finance, 2014
Predictors of Academic Achievement and their Possible Applications. Analytrics. Paris International Conference on Education, Economy and Society. Paris, 17-19 July 2008.
Comparability of Assessment of Students Studying for Two Degrees from Two Universities. European Educational Research Association Annual Conference 2009, "Theory and Evidence in European Educational Research". Vienna, 28-30 September 2009.
Paris International Conference on Education, Economy and Society (Paris, France), July 17 - 19, 2009; "Predictors of Academic Achievement and Their Possible Applications."
XVII April International Academic Conference on Economic and Social Development (Moscow, Russia), April 21, 2016; “The Influence of Additional Individual Achievements and Peer-Effects on ICEF Students’ Academic Performance” joint with O. Nechaeva.
ICEF Research Seminars
October 15, 2009
"Academic Achievement, its Predictors and Applications: the case of ICEF and UoL"
- Chapter Замков О. О., Пересецкий А. А. Динамика влияния оценок ЕГЭ на последующие результаты студентов бакалавриата МИЭФ НИУ ВШЭ // В кн.: XIV Апрельская международная научная конференция по проблемам развития экономики и общества: в 4-х книгах. Книга 4 / Отв. ред.: Е. Г. Ясин. М. : Издательский дом НИУ ВШЭ, 2014. С. 40-49.
- Book Zamkov O. O., Яковлев С. М. Factors and Models of Academic Success of Double Degree Programme in Economics. Varazdin development and Entrepreneurship Agency, 2013.
- Article Замков О. О., Пересецкий А. А. ЕГЭ и академические успехи студентов бакалавриата МИЭФ НИУ ВШЭ // Прикладная эконометрика. 2013. Т. 30. № 2. С. 93-114.
- Book Замков О. О., Черемных Ю. Н., Грачева М. В. Моделирование экономических процессов: учебник. М. : ЮНИТИ-ДАНА, 2013.
- Chapter Замков О. О. Оценки ЕГЭ как индикатор последующих академических успехов студентов международной программы по экономике // В кн.: XIII Международная научная конференция по проблемам развития экономики и общества. В 4 кн. Кн. 1. / Отв. ред.: Е. Г. Ясин. Кн. 1. М. : Издательский дом НИУ ВШЭ, 2012. С. 304-313.
- Chapter Замков О. О. Эконометрический анализ факторов академических достижений студентов в МИЭФ НИУ ВШЭ // В кн.: XII Международная научная конференция по проблемам развития экономики и общества. В четырех книгах. Книга 2 / Отв. ред.: Е. Г. Ясин. Кн. 2. М. : Издательский дом НИУ ВШЭ, 2012. С. 384-391.
- Book Замков О. О., Толстопятенко А. В., Черемных Ю. Н. Математические методы в экономике. 5 издание. / 5-е издание, исправленное. М. : Дело и Сервис, 2009.
- Book Замков О. О. Моделирование экономических процессов. М. : ЮНИТИ-ДАНА, 2005.
- Article Дорошенко М. Е., Замков О. О., Автономов В. С. Высшее экономическое образование в России: трудный путь к мировому уровню // Вопросы образования. 2004. № 2. С. 127-154.
- Book Замков О. О., Черемных Ю., Толстопятенко А. Математические методы в экономике. М. : Дело и Сервис, 2001.
- Book Замков О. О. Эконометрические методы в макроэкономическом анализе: курс лекций. М. : Издательский дом ГУ-ВШЭ, 2001.
- Book Замков О. О. Макроэкономическая динамика: прикладное моделирование и анализ. М. : Диалог МГУ, 1999.
Total number of publications is over 60. Monographs, articles and textbooks were published in Russia, USA and Japan. Articles were published in such journals as Economics and Mathematical Methods, Matekon, EKO and others.
Predictors of Academic Achievement and their Possible Applications. Policy Futures in Education. Volume 7, Number 4, 2009. (With D. Lokshin).
1979-1997 – Moscow State University, Associate Professor
1997 till present – Deputy Director of the HSE International College of Economics and Finance
The past academic year was not easy, but in the end, it brought outstanding achievements, grades and degrees to students of the HSE and University of London ICEF double degree programme. This year's figures are almost double the previous records.
This year, alternatives to studying abroad are as relevant as never before. HSE University annually launches new joint programmes with world’s biggest universities. One of HSE’s oldest and most recognized double degree programmes is the ICEF bachelor’s programme, in which students can earn a degree not only from HSE University, but from the University of London as well. Below, we talk about the advantages of such a degree, career opportunities after graduation, and the programme prerequisites.
Martsella Davitaya is an ICEF 2017 BSc programme graduate who received first class degrees from both HSE and University of London. Right after her BSc she entered a PhD programme at Columbia University (USA), where she is currently studying, doing research and teaching. In the interview she spoke about her career choices, her impressions of studying at Columbia and her future plans.
What’s in store for an enrollee of HSE and University of London Double Degree Programme in Economics? Recognition from Russia’s and Great-Britain’s top universities, great career prospects, contacts in the academic world, as well as the business community and financial sector. All this becomes a reality because ICEF is pushing the boundariesfor its students. We talked to the Programme’s Academic Supervisor, Oleg Zamkov, to find out how ICEF students become international.
You Don’t Have to Wake up 2 Hours Before Lecture, Get Dressed, and Go to Campus. Just Get up and Open Your Laptop.
On March 16, the rector decided to move all classes at HSE University online due to COVID-19. The largest universities in Russia and all over the world had to pull off the enormous feat of transitioning to online education immediately. As a result, the ongoing years-long discussions about the pros and cons of online education were put on pause. Academic supervisor of the ICEF bachelor’s programme, Oleg Zamkov, told us about how the ICEF has transitioned online, who can help when something goes wrong, and what resources will be necessary for online examinations.
The Open Day that took place this Sunday at ICEF was full of pleasant surprises. Guests did not only become familiar with the study process, teachers, and career opportunities, but also with an outstanding alumnus and even with the LSE Pro-Director Professor David Webb, who had recorded a video message from London for this special occasion.
ICEF held a round table on Global Economy Challenges in 2020. Mr Thanassis Gontikas, Senior Vice-President of Edmond de Rothschild Bank (EdR) in Switzerland, was invited as a speaker.
On October 22, some university staff members were awarded HSE medals and notes of acknowledgement from the Rector.
The HSE International College of Economics and Finance (ICEF) is turning 20. The college celebrated its anniversary with a gala at the Pushkin Museum and with its largest graduating class ever.
As described by one of the original ICEF team members, Oleg Zamkov, ICEF Deputy Director and Academic Head of HSE and University of London Double Degree Programme in Economics, the success of ICEF was in choosing the right moment for the start and finding the right people, both academics and administrators. It would also be unimaginable without the advice and support from London School of Economics and Political Science (LSE), especially Richard Layard, who helped design several key elements of the curriculum for double degree programme, Richard Jackmanand Amos Witztum who made a significant contribution to ICEF idea implementation.
Academic Heads of the ICEF undegraduate and graduate programmes kindly share the unique features and advantages of ICEF study programmes for students.
How do ICEF graduates' careers work out? What do they learn at ICEF? What are the academic mobility opportunities? Oleg Zamkov, Deputy Director of the International College of Economics and Finance answers applicants' main questions.
The students’ exchange programme between ICEF HSE and Istanbul Bilgi University starts in September 2015. In the first semester of the next academic year several ICEF students will go to study at Bilgi University and Bilgi University students will spend a term at ICEF. The universities will also develop plans for cooperation between ICEF and Bilgi academics.