История и теория дизайна
Статус: Курс обязательный (Дизайн)
Направление: 54.04.01. Дизайн
Кто читает: Школа дизайна
Где читается: Факультет креативных индустрий
Когда читается: 2-й курс, 1, 2 модуль
Формат изучения: с онлайн-курсом
Охват аудитории: для всех кампусов НИУ ВШЭ
Преподаватели: Бакина Татьяна Викторовна, Кистяковский Василий Александрович, Костина Анна Константиновна, Маркалова Надежда Владиславовна, Микитенко Павел Георгиевич, Оршер Владислав Эдуардович, Поликарпова Дарина Александровна, Рымшина Елена Николаевна, Салин Алексей Сергеевич, Селезнёв Максим Александрович, Сковородников Пётр Юрьевич, Шведов Павел Вячеславович
Прогр. обучения: Дизайн
Контактные часы: 30
The course aims to structure students’ knowledge about the history and theory of art and, design, improve their abilities to analyze artistic works and development trends, provide them with professional terminology. This knowledge constitutes the core which helps young practitioners to attain their artistic objectives and perform project work on a high professional level. Discipline study format: blended with on-line course «Design history» https://openedu.ru/course/hse/HISDES/ On-line lectures - on the National Open Education Platform
Цель освоения дисциплины
- Upon completion of the course students must learn: - major stages in development of classic and contemporary art and design, variety of styles; - names of key painters and designers and their works; - attributes of most important artistic styles; - substantial theories in art and design and their convenors; - data search algorithms and methodology of work with archives.
- Upon completion of the course students must know how to: - apply knowledge about art and design in their research activities; - assess reliability of results of their research in humanitarian sciences; - describe and assess the value of artistic/design work; - establish connections between classic and contemporary works; - orientate in the bulks of scientific information about history and theory of art and design.
- Upon completion of the course students must Possess: •actual information about development trends in design, industrial and communication technologies in mid-term perspective; - readiness for self-education and self-esteem; - skills for analytical research, data processing and results interpretation; - abilities for critical perception of different concepts of artistic schools, proficiencies for elaboration of new concepts; - capacity for application of special knowledge obtained during core training or individual educational path.
Планируемые результаты обучения
- Students will learn expressionism, the artistic movement of the first quarter of the 20th century. Acute psychological conditions are reflected in art. Attempts to show horror and fear using flexible means. A grotesque illustration of reality. Desperate expectation of war in Europe.
- Students will learn fauvism as the major art movement in France in 20th century. The leading role of Henri Matisse. Emancipation of color. Creation of a new way to influence viewers through color. Break up with tradition and start of new avant-garde thinking. Search of unique language in painting.
- Students will learn social and historical context of modernism. Arts and the end of 19th century. Identification of periods in arts of the XX century. Key concepts of “modernism”, “avant-garde”, “post-modernism”, “contemporary art”
- Students will learn the use of primitive forms in the expression of artistic ideas. European primitivists. Les Demoiselles d’Avignon Pablo Picasso and the importance of this picture in the history of avant-garde art. Cubism in France and its evolution. The principles of simultaneous perspectives, drawing up points of view and distortion of forms.
Содержание учебной дисциплины
- Theme 1. Background of the art in XX century
- Theme 2. Fauvism
- Theme 3. Expressionism
- Theme 4. Primitivism. Cubism.
- Intermediate testsFor exams without proctoring: Courses in the field of “History and Theory of Design” at Art and Design School are assessed according to a cumulative scheme, and only students whose cumulative mark is less than 4 points are sent to the exam. The examination is conducted orally - a conversation with the teacher on the course materials, answers to questions in free form. The exam is conducted on several platforms, depending on the needs of the teacher and students. Possible platforms for the exam in design disciplines: ZOOM Skype Ms teams Discord It is necessary to connect to the exam 5 minutes before the start. The ability to test the platform is at the discretion of students and teachers and it is not obligatory for the exam. A student’s computer and / or other gadget must satisfy the following requirement - a working microphone. The possibility of demonstrating a screen and a working camera are at the discretion of the student and teacher. The lack of a working camera and the inability to demonstrate the screen is not an obstacle to passing the exam. It is highly recommended that when connecting to the view, it is correct to indicate your last name and first name, as well as the group number. During the exam, students are forbidden to interrupt the others participates. A short-term communication disruption during the exam is considered a communication disruption of less than a minute. Long-term communication disruption during the exam is considered a violation of a minute or more. In case of a long-term communication disruption, the student cannot continue to participate in the exam.
- 2021/2022 учебный год 2 модуль0.5 * Intermediate tests + 0.5 * attendance
- 2021/2022 учебный год 4 модуль0.25 * attendance + 0.5 * 2021/2022 учебный год 2 модуль + 0.25 * Intermediate tests
- 2022/2023 учебный год 2 модуль
Рекомендуемая основная литература
- Barr, A. H. (2018). Cubism and Abstract Art. Abingdon, Oxon: Routledge. Retrieved from http://search.ebscohost.com/login.aspx?direct=true&site=eds-live&db=edsebk&AN=2154455
- Cole, L. (2018). Surveying the Avant-Garde : Questions on Modernism, Art, and the Americas in Transatlantic Magazines. University Park, Pennsylvania: Penn State University Press. Retrieved from http://search.ebscohost.com/login.aspx?direct=true&site=eds-live&db=edsebk&AN=1821912
- Expressionism in the Netherlands. (2019). Routledge. Retrieved from http://search.ebscohost.com/login.aspx?direct=true&site=eds-live&db=edsnar&AN=edsnar.oai.dare.uva.nl.publications.4c9995c5.c90f.46fd.9a2d.7e538460f957
Рекомендуемая дополнительная литература
- Kunichika, M. (2015). ’Our Native Antiquity’ : Archaeology and Aesthetics in the Culture of Russian Modernism. Boston: Academic Studies Press. Retrieved from http://search.ebscohost.com/login.aspx?direct=true&site=eds-live&db=edsebk&AN=1202933
- Morán, A. (2011). Architectural Expressionism and Imagination. Revista de EGA, (18), 224–233. Retrieved from http://search.ebscohost.com/login.aspx?direct=true&site=eds-live&db=asn&AN=66863865