Laboratory for Decision Choice and Analysis Laboratory (DeCAn)
The Higher School of Economics Laboratory for Decision Choice and Analysis Laboratory (DeCAn) in Moscow, Russia invites applications for postdoctoral research positions in the field of choice theory, mechanism design and decision making.
The job involves:
- working under the direct supervision of leading scientists of the Laboratory
- writing research papers for international peer-reviewed journals in co-authorship with the members of the Lab
- participation in organization of the seminars and conferences and other contribution to the Lab’s development
- public presentations of candidate’s own research to the researchers in the field and the broader academic community
- some teaching, however it is not obligatory
- participants are encouraged to pursue their own research in parallel with working on DeCAn’s research projects
The Lab offers access to its databases and analytical software, as well as mathematical modeling, software development and data processing support.
- a PhD from an international research university in such fields as: decision making, game theory, choice theory, operation research, any Internet related studies, microeconomics, mathematical methods in political science;
- a strong background in data processing and data analysis, including classical statistics
- ability to work in a team,
- fluent English
- relevant experience.
General conditions for Post-Doctoral Research positions can be found here. Appointments will be normally made for one year.
A CV, research statement and two letters of recommendation should be submitted directly via the by March 15, 2017. Please note that direct applications to the hiring laboratory may not be reviewed.
HSE is a young, dynamic, fast-growing Russian research university providing unique research opportunities. For more information about HSE, please visit our web pages: Higher School of Economics, International Laboratory of Decision Choice and Analysis.