- to hone students’ reading, listening, writing, and speaking skills in English.
- to enrich students’ vocabulary.
- to advance students’ knowledge of English grammar and their ability to use it.
- to improve students’ pronunciation.
- to enhance students’ communication skills.
- to advance students’ critical and independent thinking skills.
- to familiarize students with the IELTS exam format.
- to equip students with effective IELTS exam strategies.
- Students, following Cambridge Academic English Advanced, will attain the level of Proficient User (C1) according to the CEFR that corresponds to IELTS Band 7 (Good User).
- Students, following Cambridge Academic English UpperIntermediate, will attain the level of Independent User (B2) according to the CEFR (The Common European Framework of Reference for Languages) that corresponds to IELTS Band 6 (Competent User).
- Students will be able to understand longer factual texts and specialised articles and recognise implicit meanings, express themselves fluently, use English effectively in social and academic contexts, produce a well-structured essay or a report, formulate their ideas with precision and use appropriate style.
- Students will know IELTS exam strategies and how to use them.
- IELTS Academic Reading, IELTS Academic Writing, IELTS Listening, IELTS Speaking.
- IT in education and business.Grammar and vocabulary: noun/verb + preposition, subject-verb agreement, tense choice in reporting verbs, prefixes. Skills: preparing to read a research article, checking predictions, producing slides from texts, reading in detail, presenting, giving feedback in discussions, giving a mini-presentation.
- Culture, science and society.Grammar and vocabulary: formal and informal verbs, language for giving opinions, complex noun phrases, classifying nouns, compound adjectives, collocations. Skills: identifying the main points, understanding meaning in context, reading in detail, making a presentation, writing an introduction.
- Ways of studying in higher education.Grammar and vocabulary: movement up and down, dependent prepositions, complex noun phrases, compound nouns, as-clauses. Skills: reading in detail, presenting and explaining results in charts, paraphrasing, understanding introductions, detailed points, recognising quotes, recognising examples that support the main point.
- Marketing and consumers.Grammar and vocabulary: complex noun phrases, word families, language for conclusions and recommendations, irregular plural nouns, nouns + passive verb combinations, it-clauses, problem words. Skills: reading in detail, organising information in sentences.
- Criminology.Grammar and vocabulary: problem words, classifying phrases, problem and solution phrases, word order in as-clauses, vocabulary for the context. Skills: making predictions, dealing with questions in presentations, reading in detail, organising information in texts, gist and detailed listening, recognising lecture styles, understanding lecture structure.
- Families and relationships.Grammar and vocabulary: word families, evaluative language, hedges, problem words, language for comparing results. Skills: understanding the writer’s opinion, inferring, reading in detail, understanding figures.
- Communicating science.Grammar and vocabulary: punctuation, conditional expressions, signposting language. Skills: following an argument, editing your work, understanding slides, predicting content, gist and detailed listening.
- IELTS intensive preparation.Cambridge IELTS tests, practising exam skills intensively.
- 1st semester Attendance and Classwork
- 2nd semester Attendance and Classwork
- 1st semester Homework
- 2nd semester Homework
- 2nd Module ExamThe exam in December comprises two parts: the written part, 80 minutes long, with listening, reading, writing and speaking, which is a 10-minute interview
- IELTS Mock ExamIELTS Mock Exam at the end of Module 3 is held on two days, has a written part of 160 minutes and a 14-minute long interview and serves the purpose of simulating the real IELTS exam conditions.
- 1st semester Tests
- 2nd semester TestsЭкзамен не проводится. Оценка выставляется по накопительной, с учетом результатов экзамена IELTS.
- Interim assessment (2 module)0.24 * 1st semester Attendance and Classwork + 0.18 * 1st semester Homework + 0.18 * 1st semester Tests + 0.4 * 2nd Module Exam
- Interim assessment (4 module)0.24 * 2nd semester Attendance and Classwork + 0.18 * 2nd semester Homework + 0.18 * 2nd semester Tests + 0.4 * IELTS Mock Exam
- Cambridge academic English: advanced: student's book : an integrated skills course for EAP, Hewings, M., Thaine, C., 2012
- Cambridge vocabulary for IELTS advanced with answers : self-study vocabulary practice, Cullen, P., 2012
- Writing for IELTS with answer key : 6.0-7.5, Dimond-Bayir, S., 2014
- Writing for IELTS, Williams, A., 2011