How to apply
The programme is taught entirely in English and consists of four years of study at the Higher School of Economics in Moscow, Russia. The cost of study in 2021/2022 is 750.000 RUR*. The system of tuition fee discounts will be announced in spring 2021 -- early enough to enable an applicant to take the fully informed decision towards admisson. Entrance competiton results will constitute the main ground for a discount.
For the duration of studies, international students can live in HSE’s affordable dormitories consistently acknowledged as ones of the best universities in Russia.
The general application roadmap for an international applicant is described here and you will find all the detailed instructions to follow at each application stage.
The application process for international students (who have not taken the Russian Unified State Exam (EGE)) consists of two stages:
1. Preparatory stage (remote)
- The first step of the application process is to register in the online application system. The application period in 2021/2022 is from Novmber 1, 2020 till August 20, 2021. This form requires scans of your educational documents. Please follow the guidelines detailed here.
- After preliminary consideration by the programme your application status will be updated.
At this stage please do not hesitate to contact the Programme Coordinator to submit additional information or enquire about the status of your application.
- An applicant should fill in an application for recognition of foreign credentials. This form requires scans of your educational documents and ID.
2. Examination stage (online or in Moscow)
The next stage of the application process consists of taking entrance exams. It is possible to take exams online or on-site or participate in International Youth Olympiad. The complete information about examinations can be found in the Qualifying Events Schedule 2019. The decision on candidates is made according to the results of the entrance examination. The applicant must take two exams:
To find out about the exam schedule and location of on-site testing events please check here. Another recommended way to learn about the exam schedule and registration is to look for them in the International Applicant's Account. Once you have selected a programme during registration, you can sign up for exams. If none of the exam dates on the list is suitable, you may choose any of the available dates.You will have an option to change it, as the schedule is regularly updated. If none of the dates are offered it is likely that all slots have been occupied. We suggest that you keep being alert for the upcoming testing dates. Entrance exams will be conducted until August 2021.
The exam programmes and materials for preparation are available on the Requirements page.
The applicant may stay at HSE’s dormitories during the entrance exam period which requires arrival in Moscow 2-3 days prior to the date of first on-site exam.
If you are the holder of an international exam certificate in English and/or Mathematics, the results of these examinations can be transferred in accordance with the conversion scale.
Finally, Congratulations on your admission and following enrolment in the Data Science and Business Analytics programme!
* cost of study for the following years can be slightly adjusted in accordance with inflation rate in Russia