In order to be considered for the Master's programme 'Population and Development', an applicant is required to prepare the following application package:
1. Previous education (grades on basic subjects)
Average grade and degree with honours brings the additional score. Should be confirmed by the higher education (bachelor, specialist, master) diploma
2. Academic achievements
- Publications in different academic issues (also we assess the accepted to publication papers). Should be confirmed by the scans of the texts or links to the electronic sources. If the publications are only accepted to publication the manuscript with the special notification from the editorial office should be attached.
- Other publications including those in mass media. The papers should be devoted to the topics refer to population and development problems. Should be confirmed by the scans of the texts or links to the electronic sources.
- Diploma paper. Should be confirmed by the text in soft copies.
- Participation in scientific and research projects. Should be confirmed by the following data about project (number of project and grant, funding organization, organization implemented the grant or project), information about the project coordinator, a brief (200 words or less) cover letter describing the role of the applicant in the project
3. Personal achievements
- Participation in HSE Olympiads or schools (winter, summer, expeditions)
- Confirmation of personal achievements (apart from language certificates). Participation in different scientific conferences, summer schools, seminars is confirmed by the programme of the event or link to this event in the internet. All diplomas and award certificates should be scanned and the scanned copies are accepted as a confirmation.
- Different research and scientific contests (papers contests, conferences, round tables, Olympics) winners
- Personal bursaries. Should be confirmed by special notification from the university or the fund granted the bursary, or by the list of bursary holders from the official opened source.
- Work (and voluntary) experience in related professions. Should be confirmed by different means: copy of the agreement, letter from the chief or other supervisors, other copies of the official documents.
- Additional certificates (apart from English language); confirmed by the documents – hard or soft-copies. For the foreign (not English) languages only official certificates are accepted.
4. Recommendation letters
No more than 2 letters signed by the persons that could estimate your ability to participate the programme with their names, occupation, work places, degrees, contact information.
5. Letter of motivation (no more than 2000 characters) in English or Russian language
This letter should describe your reasons for applying to this programme, in the context of your long-term career goals and background and also the interests of the applicant his/her future plans.
All the candidates will be assessed according to the following criteria:
|1||Previous education (grades on basic subjects)||10|
|2||Academic achievements||Maximum 25|
|2.1.||Publications in different academic issues||15|
|2.2.||Publications in conference and workshops books||10|
|2.3.||Other publications including those in mass media||7|
|2.5.||Participation in scientific and research projects||15|
|3||Personal achievements||Maximum 17|
|3.1.||Confirmation of personal achievements (apart from language certificates)||10|
|3.3.||Work (and voluntary) experience in related professions (public administration, statistics, demography, social and medical care, life insurance)||14|
|3.5||Awards for academic contests||10|
|3.6||Other confirmed achievents||To more than 5 per any|
|4||Recommendation letters (2 letters)||8|
|6||Interview (skype or personal) in English||30|
We kindly ask you to merge multiple page scanned copies into one document. Also, please put your surname in the file name e.g. Smith_BADiploma.pdf or Ivanov_Passport.jpeg.