390 000 RUB/year
The programme aims to develop students’ skills in applying multi-disciplinary analytic approaches to different development and resource allocation issues, as well as deep population and demographic structure analysis. These skills are essential for public administration in numerous sectors where practical development problems arise.
Given HSE’s location in the centre of Moscow, one of the world’s largest cities with a variety of rich social, cultural, academic and professional opportunities, the programme offers a number of advantages, including:
- Scholars and teachers with diverse professional experience representing renowned Russian and foreign universities
- An open-minded and friendly learning and research environment
- A multi-disciplinary approach to education
- An opportunity to collaborate with different NGOs, think tanks and UN organizations through internships and part-time employment
- An opportunity to participate in academic life (e.g., conferences, workshops, and seminars)
- Academic mobility programmes with partner universities and research labs
Our two-year programme offers a range of courses, including electives, that are taught in English by key specialists from HSE and its partner universities in Russia and abroad.
During the course of the programme, students will enjoy
- Lectures and workshops by guest speakers from leading universities, research centres, private companies, think tanks, NGOs and UN organizations
- Opportunities to take various elective courses in different faculties
- A project-oriented approach aimed at applying acquired knowledge
- Opportunities to take part in internships and part-time employment
- An academic track for students wishing wish to pursue advanced doctoral study
Graduates of the programme will have skills and knowledge in the principals of population change and social and economic development. Additionally, they will have a strong command of modern methods of data analysis. Our programme’s graduates have pursued careers in a variety of sectors, including:
- Private business (e.g., consulting, recruiting, marketing, insurance, pharmaceutical, and healthcare companies)
- Public administration (e.g., government agencies)
- International funds and non-governmental organizations (e.g., UN, WHO, and the World Bank)
- Research centres and universities
The programme is open to students with different professional, educational and cultural backgrounds who have an interest in population and development studies. Our students have come with backgrounds in management, political science, public administration, medicine, philosophy, history, geography, sociology and mathematics.
To be considered for the programme, applicants are required to prepare a portfolio. More information can be found here.
Potapovsky Pereulok, 16с10
Deadline for requests— April,10
Griboedov Canal Embvankement, 123, Saint Petersburg, Russia
Deadline - April, 15