370 000 RUB/year
The programme aims to train students in theoretical and applied social psychology, preparing them for careers in academia or in applied research settings focused on social psychology studies.
The programme offers a number of advantages, including:
- The opportunity to earn two diplomas in social psychology from two outstanding universities
- The opportunity to learn from the leading researchers in the field of social psychology studies: Fons van de Vijver, Klaus Boehnke, Ilja van Beest
- A multicultural student community at HSE and the opportunity to gain unique international experience by studying in Moscow
- An individual training path with various elective and online courses
- Exposure to career opportunities in academia, government and business
The programme offers fundamental theoretical courses in the fields of social psychology, cross-cultural psychology, economic psychology, and work and organizational psychology. Students also have the opportunity to choose among various elective practice-oriented courses to enrich their individual training path.
First year courses:
- Cross-cultural Psychology
- Qualitative and Quantitative Research Methods in Psychology
- Theory and Methodology of Modern Psychology
- Social Cognition
- Social Psychology of Prejudice
- Environment Psychology
- Abnormal & Clinical Psychology
Second year courses:
- Work and Organizational Psychology
- Social Influence
- Cultural Drivers of Consumer Markets
- Cross-cultural Psychology of Organizational Behaviour
- Innovation and Social Change
- Behavioural Economics
- Controversies in Psychology
In addition to these courses, students also take part in research seminars, research internships, and a variety of applied projects.
Graduates of our programme have pursued advanced positions in a number of different sectors, including:
- Academia: PhD programmes at graduate schools around the world, teaching at colleges and universities, work in research centres
- Civil service: departments and offices working on social and migration issues
- Large international companies, for example in roles in consulting, market research, and human resources
- Non-government and non-profit organizations (e.g., CAF, UNICEF, WWF)
Double-degree graduates have the opportunity to seek employment in European companies following a professional internship at Tilburg University.
We welcome applications from a diverse range of candidates interested in pursuing a Master’s degree in social psychology. Candidate selection for the programme is based on a portfolio competition. Further information about the application process and the list of required documents can be found here.