HSE Staff Receive Acknowledgement Medals
Some HSE staff members have received ‘Acknowledgement’ medals for their professional achievements and hard work.
The ‘Acknowledgement – For Contribution in Research and Education’ Medal was Presented to:
Panos M. Pardalos, Academic Supervisor of the HSE Laboratory of Algorithms and Technologies for Networks Analysis.
The ‘Acknowledgement – 25 Years of Successful Work’ Medal was Presented to:
Vladimir Kossov, Professor at the School of Business Administration, Tenured Professor.
The ‘Acknowledgement – 20 Years of Successful Work’ Medal was Presented to:
- Tatyana Gerasimova, Teaching and Learning Specialist at the Institute of Professional Retraining;
- Irina Izvolskaya, Deputy Head of the Department of English Language for Social Sciences;
- Yulia Klevtsova, Deputy Head of the HSE Banking Institute;
- Viktor Mikhailov, Deputy Head of the HSE Study Centre 'Voronovo';
- Liudmila Moiseenko, Technical Editor at the HSE Publishing House;
- Olga Uvarova, Leading Expert at the Institute for Industrial and Market Studies.
The ‘Acknowledgement – 15 Years of Successful Work’ Medal was Presented to:
- Nina Zaigrina, Deputy Head of the Department of English Language for Social Sciences;
- Vladimir Karacharovskiy, Head of the PR Office at the Faculty of Economic Sciences;
- Alexander Kirsanov, Professor at the School of Business Informatics;
- Natalia Kopytina Head of the Finance and Planning Office Unit of Budgetary Appropriations;
- Alexander Poddiakov, Professor at the School of Psychology, Tenured Professor;
- Marina Pugacheva, Senior Research Fellow at the Centre for Fundamental Sociology.
The ‘Acknowledgement – 10 Years of Successful Work’ Medal was Presented to:
- Elena Agadullina, Associate Professor at the School of Psychology;
- Sergei Bocharov, Head of the Office for Fire Safety;
- Aleksey Vladov, Manager at the Unit of Information Systems Administration;
- Olga Ilyina, Associate Professor at the School of Business Administration;
- Igor Kovalev, Professor at the School of International Affairs;
- Larisa Kovalenko, Professor at the Department of Foreign Languages;
- Sergei Medvedev, Professor at the School of Political Science;
- Irina Mersiyanova, Director of the Centre for Studies of Civil Society and Non-Profit Sector;
- Alexander Morgunov, Associate Professor at the School of Business Informatics;
- Vladimir Paramonov, Head of Communications Unit;
- Viktoria Sakevich, Senior Research Fellow of the Center for Demographical Studies;
- Eugeny Soroko, Senior Research Fellow of the Center for Demographical Studies;
- Rozaliya Sultimova, Analyst at the Laboratory of Financial Markets Analysis;
- Alexander Tatarko, Professor at the School of Psychology.
Photos by Sergey Strokov
Mikhail Blinkin is one of Russia’s leading experts in urbanism, city planning, and urban transport. He has headed the HSE Institute for Transport Economics and Transport Policy Studies since 2011 and has been HSE Tenured Professor since 2013. In 2017, Mikhail Blinkin was the recipient of an HSE Honour Award 1st Class, as well as the Golden HSE award for Best Expert.
On November 27, the HSE Academic Council held an awards ceremony dedicated to the university’s 25th anniversary. The meeting saw the participation of representatives of the Russian President, members of government, and members of the Russian Federal Assembly. Governmental awards were given to a number of HSE employees for their tremendous accomplishments.
Russian President Vladimir Putin has signed a decree for the commendation of prominent public and political figures. Andrey Zhulin, Vice Rector at HSE Perm, Galina Volodina, Director of HSE Perm, and Valeria Kasamara, HSE’s Senior Director for Government Relations, are among the figures mentioned in the decree.
A book entitled The Mythologies of Capitalism and the End of the Soviet Project by Associate Professor at the HSE Faculty of Media Communications Olga Baysha has been published by Lexington Books (United States).
Igor Chirikov, Research Fellow at the HSE Institute of Education, who has been appointed director of the Student Experience in the Research University International (SERU-I) Consortium, will start working at the University of California Berkeley from August 2014, but will still continue to supervise research at the HSE Institute of Education.