Summer neurolinguistics school 2017
Center for Language and Brain at the National Research University Higher School of Economics (HSE) invites you to join us in Moscow for our fourth annual Summer Neurolinguistics School. This year, the topic is Brain Stimulation in Language Research and Therapy. The event will take place in Moscow, Russia, June 22–24, 2017. The purpose of the school is to serve both as an educational event for students entering the field and as an academic environment where researchers and clinicians can exchange ideas and discuss the latest achievements in the field. This year the school will be devoted to various brain stimulation methods and their applications in neurolinguistic research and in language therapy. The school program includes lectures by such world-renowned researchers as Nina Dronkers (University of California), Roelien Bastiaanse (University of Groningen), and Dirk-Bart den Ouden (University of South Carolina).
What to expect?
The school program will include three days of invited talks and one poster session. The first day will provide an introduction to the neural bases of language processing in the healthy and damaged brain. The second day will introduce different brain stimulation methods (TMS, tDCS, tACS, tRNS, DES) and focus on the methodological aspects. The third day will cover specific applications of these methods in neurolinguistic research and in treatment of language disorders. Over the course of three days, the attendees will learn about the principles of various brain stimulation methods, gain an understanding of experimental design using these methods, and become familiar with the recent advances in their application to modulate language processing in the healthy population and individuals with language disorders. The poster session invites submissions on a wide range of topics related to neurolinguistics and/or brain stimulation.
Who should be interested?
The program will be of interest to professionals and students in the fields of Speech-Language Pathology, Linguistics, Psychology, Medicine, Neuroscience, Cognitive Science, and related fields. The lectures will provide relevant content both for students who are just entering the field and for more advanced researchers and clinicians.
Students of the National Research University Higher School of Economics: free
Students of other universities: 500 ₽ (appr. 8 €)
Non-student participants: 1 000 ₽ (appr. 16 €)
- 15 May 2017 (23:59 GMT) – poster abstract submission deadline.
- 25 May 2017 - notification of acceptance of abstracts.
- 1 June 2017 - registration deadline. To complete registration, participants must pay the registration fee (if applicable).
- 22–24 June 2017 - meeting dates.
- The event venue is: Moscow, 3 Bolshoy Tryokhsvyatitelsky pereulok
- The working language of the Summer School is English. No translation to Russian will be provided
- Abstract submissions are encouraged but are not required to participate in the school
- Participants will need to register and pay the registration fee to attend the school
- For those who need a visa to enter Russia, please see our practicalities page for further information
- If you need a place to stay during the event, a limited number of places at HSE dormitories are available. Please check our practicalities page for the information
Should you have any questions, please contact us at email@example.com
Выделите её, нажмите Ctrl+Enter и отправьте нам уведомление. Спасибо за участие!
Сервис предназначен только для отправки сообщений об орфографических и пунктуационных ошибках.