• A
  • A
  • A
  • ABC
  • ABC
  • ABC
  • А
  • А
  • А
  • А
  • А
Regular version of the site

Programme Overview

Features of the  "Economics and Politics in Asia" Double Degree Programme

  • Four years of study at leading universities in Asia and Russia, providing students with additional skills, knowledge and experience. The two degrees ensure graduates have a major advantage in finding employment.

  • Modern teaching methods and major educational resources. Students have access to the educational resources of two universities: teaching and learning materials, online information systems, and library collections. Teaching and learning materials consist of study guides, video-lectures, slides and other resources.

  • Academic staff with globally recognized qualifications. The main professional courses are taught by professors with PhDs from leading international and Russian universities. The academic staff of the programme includes fulltime WEIA faculty professors, as well as KIC Kyung Hee faculty members, who regularly give lectures during the academic year. Russian and foreign specialists from domestic and global companies are also invited.

  • All courses are taught in English Nevertheless, students have an opportunity to obtain knowledge and practice in professional communication in Russian, as well by selecting optional courses taught in Russian.

  • Students are actively involved in research activities and projects at HSE and Kyung Hee University by working on specific research projects, writing term papers and Bachelor’s theses under the supervision of academic staff.

  • An international academic environment, thus encouraging open communication and collaboration between students, teachers and researchers.

  • The curriculum offers a comprehensive and in-depth study of the economics and politics of contemporary East Asia, as well as optional specializations for study. Enormous care has been taken in creating the curriculum, thereby ensuring that students receive the best education possible.

  • Studying at foreign universities in Asia and Russia offers a unique opportunity to learn more about different cultures, get a feel for their history and way of life, as well as understand and speak local languages. The countries of East Asia and Russia feature some of the most dynamically developing economies in the world and play an important role on the global stage. Our intensive Asian language courses offer a unique opportunity to obtain high level certificates in JLPT, TOPIK and HSK.

Frequently Asked Questions

Is it possible to transfer to the programme from a foreign institution?

Transfer to the Program from other universities will be possible from August 2018 and only into the first year of the Program. We recommend indicating your intent beforehand and getting in touch with programme coordinators via email: epa@hse.ru

The process of student transfer in HSE is described in detail here.

On the first step of the transfer process you will have to send a completed transfer application to the following address: transfer@hse.ru. At this point you may also send scans of your ID, educational documents and other documents at your discretion (refer to the list of documents below).

Scans of these documents will be required on the next step along with your Statement when your application is registered.

When the scans are sent, HSE will review your application and make a decision. You will be notified if you have been admitted and the tests that you will need to take (if any).

After taking the tests, student will need to sign a contract and provide document originals.

Documents you will be required to submit include:

  • Education or education and qualification document, if the specified education level is recognized by the Russian Federation or HSE as the relevant level of education (from the educational stage you have completed)
  • Reference from your university with the confirmation of your enrollment (some kind of proof that you were an enrolled student)
  • Transcript from the university you are currently enrolled in
  • Documents confirming the applicant’s individual achievements, the results of which are taken into account in the application process (submitted at the discretion of the applicant);
  • Other documents (submitted at the discretion of the applicant);

Please note that upon your arrival at HSE you will need to submit legalized educational documents, and its legalization can take time.

For a document to be “legalized,” it must be either apostilled or consular legalized, depending on the issuing country. Please see below for more details:

If the document-issuing country is a party to the Hague Convention, an Apostille stamp (sometimes this procedure is called "simplified legalization" or "apostilling") will be accepted. To be eligible for an apostille, a document must first be certified by an officer (notaries, in some cases), which will then be recognized by the authority that will issue the apostille. Each country, party to the Hague Convention, makes its own decision on the list of authorized agencies to be allowed to issues apostilles. Please find more information here: http://www.apostilleofdocuments.com/index.html

If a country is not a party to the Hague Convention, consular legalization is required. In this case, a document must be certified by the foreign ministry of the country where the document originated and then by the foreign ministry/embassy or consulate of the Russian government. For example, as a non-signatory, Canadian diplomas for use overseas must be certified by the Deputy Minister of Foreign Affairs in Ottawa or by a Canadian consular official abroad and subsequently by the Russian government office or consulate. For more information: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Apostille_Convention.

Please Note: Documents from certain countries do not require legalization. For more details, visit our website: https://www.hse.ru/admissions/exempt