Innovation and Social Change
The course "Innovation and Social change" was created for better understanding of the changes taking place in the society against the backdrop of rapid development of technologies and digital transformation of the economy.
How do innovations change the world and man? How to win in this new world? What are the tasks of social psychology in new spheres of activity?
The course will try to reveal the issues of adaptation of society and man to the innovative economy of the future:
What social roles will be in demand?
How will technology affect people's values and attitudes?
What research interests the society of the future?
What styles of leadership will be in demand in the digital world?
How will the relationship between people change with the advent of artificial intelligence and the robotization of organizations?
Topics covered in the lectures:
- Man and the development of technology (Psychology of the Internet of things, Machine learning, psychological aspects of the influence of virtual reality on a person etc)
- How innovation changes society. Globalization. Transformation of professions and changes in the labor market (the risk of mass unemployment due to robotization, social experiments in this area)
- Organizational psychology in new management systems (psychological basis of design thinking, horizontal corporate cultures)
- New styles of leadership in the implementation of innovations
- Building personal strategy and finding your own values (development of student empathy, long-term / short-term planning, search for an optimal personal behavior strategy)