• A
  • A
  • A
  • ABC
  • ABC
  • ABC
  • А
  • А
  • А
  • А
  • А
Regular version of the site

For 2023’s First-year Students

Dear first-year students,

Below, you can find a list of important steps, which you will need to follow at the start of your studies in order to cope with all organizational matters successfully.

  • Information about visa and migration registration (for international students)

    HSE Visa and Registration Centre Contact details

    Address: Office D005/D006, Korpus D, 11 Pokrovsky Bulvar, Moscow, Russia, 109028

    Opening hours for students at the Student Service Centre: 2pm – 6pm, Monday – Friday at 11 Pokrovsky Bulvar, Entrance No. 5 (entrance from the boulevard)

    Telephone: 8 (495) 531-00-63

    Email: visa-registration@hse.ru

    Website: https://ivisa.hse.ru/

    Obligatory medical examination, fingerprinting and official photographing procedures for foreign citizens

    Amendments to the Federal Law "On the Legal Status of Foreign Nationals in Russian Federation" came into force on the December 29, 2021. The new provisions establish that foreign nationals (including international students) staying in Russia for more than 90 days must undergo a medical examination, fingerprint registration and official photographing.

    The following penalties can be levied upon those who have not completed the established procedures or failed to complete them on time: administrative fine, deportation.

    You can find more details about these obligatory procedures at: https://ivisa.hse.ru/dactilo1.

  • Student ID card

    For a student ID card, please:

    Bring two 3x4 color photos to the organizational meeting.
    The organizational meeting will be held on 30.09 at 13:00 in room R206. 

    If you will not be at the meeting, please bring the photos to the study office (11 Pokrovsky b., office T-725 (building T).
    It is necessary to write your full name on the back side.

  • Library card

    Please make sure you read the Library Use Policy of National Research University Higher School of Economics at https://library.hse.ru/documents

    Fill in the registration form on the HSE University Library website at https://elib.hse.ru/e-resources/library/appl_form.htm (to register, you will need to provide your student ID card number and an HSE University e-mail address). After submitting the registration form, you will receive your library card number available via HSE App X.

    Upon registering on the Library website, please use this link - https://library.hse.ru/e-resources - to get remote access to eLibrary resources.

    If you have any questions about the Library, please feel free to contact the Library’s hotline (https://library.hse.ru/hotline) or contact us via https://vk.com/hselibrary / https://t.me/s/hse_library/.

    If you want to sign up for a Library tour or find out how to look for information in printed and online resources, please contact us by e-mail at library@hse.ru.

  • How to apply for a Social Transport card

    A Social Transport Card (Muscovite card) can be issued by the “My Documents” Service Centre and be used for accessing public transportation in Moscow at reduced rates.

    Step 1: Check your registration details on the website of Moscow Social Register here: Registration in the Register of Students / Postgraduate Students / Doctoral Students

    Step 2: Complete the registration procedures at the www.mos.ru portal and submit an application for a Muscovite card via your personal account. Your application will be processed within 30 calendar days. You can check the status of your application in your personal account or using this link

    If you are an international student, you will need to apply for your SNILS (a pension insurance certificate), in order to submit an application for a Muscovite student card.

    How to apply for a SNILS?
    A SNILS card is issued at the local PFR office (Pension Fund of the Russian Federation) or “My Documents” Service Centre, upon your submission of a personal application.

    Make sure to bring the following documents:

    1) your ID (passport or residence permit);
    2) a notarized passport (ID) translation.

    List of the PFR offices in Moscow: 

    List of the “My Documents” Service Centre offices https://www.mos.ru/pgu/ru/md/.

  • Pass for accessing HSE University buildings

    Information about the dates and schedule for collecting passes will be sent to students via HSE University corporate e-mail and can be found here: https://www.hse.ru/org/hse/aup/security/propusk.

  • Useful links

    HSE Academic Handbook – you can find answers to all questions about the study process at HSE University here.

    HSE bylaws and Regulations can be found in respective sections.

If you have any questions, please contact the study office of MIB program

Viktoriia Marakhanova

Manager, mib@hse.ru; +7 (495) 580-8900*27749