Research internship is an obligatory part of the Master’s Programme “Applied Statistics with Network Analysis”.
The Internship is governed by the NRU HSE Regulations for HSE Student Project Work, Research and Internships.
HSE Regulations for HSE Student Project Work, Research and Internships
Internship could take place at the International Laboratory for Applied Network Research, or an external organization.
The internship tasks may be:
- continuation of research work on the subject of course paper;
- participation in research projects of the International Laboratory for Applied Network Research, HSE departments and other organizations;
- work on the subject of a future Master's thesis;
- work on other research tasks.
1. Fill out the task form:
Individual task (DOCX, 25 Kb)
2. Fill out the schedule of internship:
Schedule of internship (DOCX, 19 Kb)
The individual task and the schedule on paper must be saved and submitted to the study office along with a report and review of the supervisor.
3. Fill out the "Application for Internship" form in the LMS
Internship in an external organization
- for internship in legal institutions of the Russian Federation and CIS countries with which the Higher School of Economics does not have an agreement, execution of the Agreement is required (in case of refusal of the organization to conclude an agreement, the student’s practice is based on):
Offer letter (DOCX, 20 Kb)
Acceptance Letter (DOCX, 16 Kb)
- students doing internship in external international organizations with which HSE has no contract, should provide Confirmation letter from the hosting organization.
Internship report and defense
The internship is considered successful in case of receiving a positive feedback from the Internship Coordinator. After completing the internship, students need to submit the following documents to the study office:
Internship Report (DOC, 35 Kb) with the signature and notes of the Internship Coordinator of the internship organization;
Review on Internship by the Internship Coordinator with a recommended grade;
Original of Internship Programme.
The final grade for internship is made by the academic supervisor of the Master’s programme or another authorized person from the programme on the basis of a report and a review.