Work Smarter, Not Harder: Time Management for Personal & Professional Productivity
- Gain and apply your knowledge and understanding of personal and professional awareness, organization and commitment; Learn how to use specifically designed tools, methods and techniques in goal setting, prioritization, scheduling, and delegation to overcome time management challenges and enhance productivity.
- describe productive VS. unproductive work
- Gain understanding of the notion ‘work-life balance’; keep track of your time; calculate your strategic reserve time
- Estimate how much time is needed to complete every work item; effectively manage communications; understand your most and least productive times of day
- be able to manage multitasking
- learn three ways a plan makes you more productive
- learn how to break up your work, prioritize tasks
- be able to create a work plan
- be able to identify specific time management tools and use them effectively
- Smart Work Habits Just Don't HappenWhat is smart work? Habits. How to make habits.
- Time Is the Most Limited ResourceTime Is the Most Limited Resource.' work-life balance’. strategies to reserve time
- Little Tips That Make a Big ImpactLittle Tips That Make a Big Impact. Managing communication. Most and least productive times of day.
- Let's Bring It All TogetherLet's Bring It All Together. Manage multitasking. Specific time management tools.
- Interim assessment (2 module)0.4 * Examination + 0.3 * Research portfolio (Task 2,3) + 0.3 * Research portfolio Task 1
- Cyril Peupion. (2011). Work Smarter: Live Better : Practical Ways to Change Your Work Habits and Transform Your Life. [N.p.]: Peupion Pty Ltd. Retrieved from http://search.ebscohost.com/login.aspx?direct=true&site=eds-live&db=edsebk&AN=2001819
- AEON, B., & AGUINIS, H. (2017). It’s about Time: New Perspectives and Insights on Time Management. Academy of Management Perspectives, 31(4), 309–330. https://doi.org/10.5465/amp.2016.0166
- Rydén, P., & El Sawy, O. A. (2019). How Managers Perceive Real-Time Management: THINKING FAST & FLOW. California Management Review, 61(2), 155–177. https://doi.org/10.1177/0008125618818840
- Samuel, A. (2015). Work Smarter with Social Media : A Guide to Managing Evernote, Twitter, LinkedIn, and Your Email (Vol. [Academic Subscription]). Boston, Massachusetts: Harvard Business Review Press. Retrieved from http://search.ebscohost.com/login.aspx?direct=true&site=eds-live&db=edsebk&AN=1815080
- Stack, L. (2013). Time Management : How to Control Your Day in an Uncontrollable Workplace. Highlands Ranch, Colo: The Productivity Pro, Inc. Retrieved from http://search.ebscohost.com/login.aspx?direct=true&site=eds-live&db=edsebk&AN=619623