• A
  • A
  • A
  • ABC
  • ABC
  • ABC
  • А
  • А
  • А
  • А
  • А
Regular version of the site

For First-Year Students






  • Move into a Dormitory (if you are a non-Moscow resident or an international student)

    Places for checking in at HSE University’s dormitories are allocated via international students’ personal accounts.

    You will be provided with access to the “Dormitory” section in your personal account after completing the “Enrolment Consent”, as well as education recognition procedures, but no earlier than August 18, 2023.

    Students can start checking in at their dormitory from August 21, 2023. Accommodation referrals are valid for 10 days. 

    By the moment of your arrival to study, you will be entitled to a place at one of the University’s dormitories. 

    Please download and print out an accommodation referral form available in your Personal account and present it at the dormitory. 

    When moving into a dormitory, make sure you have the following documents:

    • passport (any other ID);
    • a copy of the first page of your passport with personal details and your photograph; 
    • migration card;
    • vaccination certificate issued in any format from a medical institution (make sure to have a mark confirming your measles vaccination);
    • medical insurance policy valid for the entire period of your stay in Russia;
    • medical certificate issued as per Form 086/у or in a similar format (see Annex No.8).

    Please find more details about medical documents required for checking in the dormitory on the website of the Office of Staff and Student Benefits.

    Should you have any questions, please send a message to: zaselenie@hse.ru.

  • Learn about visa and registration

    Visa and registration (eng) (PDF, 1,15 Мб)

    Visa and registration (rus) (PDF, 749 Кб)

    Visa and registration for CIS students (rus) (PDF, 681 Кб)

    Address: Office D005/D006, Korpus D, 11 Pokrovsky Bulvar, Moscow, Russia, 109028

    Opening hours for students at the Student Service Centre: 2pm – 6pm, Monday – Friday at 11 Pokrovsky Bulvar, Entrance No. 5 (entrance from the boulevard)

    Telephone: 8 (495) 531-00-63

    Email: visa-registration@hse.ru

    Website: https://ivisa.hse.ru/

    Obligatory medical examination, fingerprinting and official photographing procedures for foreign citizens

    Amendments to the Federal Law "On the Legal Status of Foreign Nationals in Russian Federation" came into force on the December 29, 2021. The new provisions establish that foreign nationals (including international students) staying in Russia for more than 90 days must undergo a medical examination, fingerprint registration and official photographing.

    The following penalties can be levied upon those who have not completed the established procedures or failed to complete them on time: administrative fine, deportation.

    You can find more details about these obligatory procedures at: https://ivisa.hse.ru/dactilo1

  • Receive a Student ID Card

    Student ID cards will be distributed on the 1st of September 2023 on Myasnitskaya 20, auditorium 522 during an organizational meeting

  • Receive a Library Card

    Please make sure you read the Library Use Policy of National Research University Higher School of Economics at https://library.hse.ru/documents

    Fill in the registration form on the HSE University Library website at https://elib.hse.ru/e-resources/library/appl_form.htm(to register, you will need to provide your student ID card number and an HSE University e-mail address). After submitting the registration form, you will receive your library card number available via HSE App X. 

    Upon registering on the Library website, please use this link - https://library.hse.ru/e-resources - to get remote access to eLibrary resources.

    If you have any questions about the Library, please feel free to contact the Library’s hotline (https://library.hse.ru/hotline) or contact us via https://vk.com/hselibrary / https://t.me/s/hse_library/.

    If you would like to book a tour of the Library, please contact to email library@hse.ru 

  • Receive a Moscow Social Card for public transportation discounts

    A social card can be obtained from a local office of the Moscow Multifunctional Centre (‘My Documents’).

    Step 1: Check to see if your data has been included on the Moscow Social Register’s website: check the register of students/residents/doctoral students

    Step 2: Complete the registration procedures at the www.mos.ru portal and submit an application for a Moscow social card via your personal account. Your application will be processed within 30 calendar days. You can check the status of your application in your personal account or using this link

    Step 3: Pick up your Moscow social card from the My Documents centre that you selected when making an application for it. 

    If you are an international student, you will need to apply for your SNILS (a pension insurance certificate), in order to submit an application for a Moscow student card.

    How to apply for a SNILS?
    A SNILS card is issued at the local PFR office (Pension Fund of the Russian Federation) or “My Documents” Service Centre, upon your submission of a personal application. 

    Make sure to bring the following documents:

    1) your ID (passport or residence permit);
    2) a notarized passport (ID) translation.

    List of the PFR offices in Moscow: 

    List of the “My Documents” Service Centre offices https://www.mos.ru/pgu/ru/md/.

    Important: if your personal data is not found in the Register, you must contact the manager of your Programme Office as soon as possible.

  • Obtain a MIR Card from VTB Bank. Applicable only for international students who are entitled to scholarships

    HSE University’s Accounting and Reports Office and Admissions Office issue scholarship bank cards with HSE University’s special design jointly with VTB Bank Office No. 7701. Cardholders will not be charged any service fees.  

    First-year students (including international students) who are eligible for scholarship payments will be automatically issued a scholarship bank card.

    If a scholarship bank card cannot be issued for any reason, you will be notified via your corporate student e-mail.  

    Scholarship bank cards (MIR cards) may be collected according to the set schedule, either on-campus or at a branch of VTB Bank.

    Information about the place, dates and schedule for your bank card’s issue will be sent to your HSE University corporatee-mail.

    Contact details for the HSE Accounting and Reports Office

    (any matters relating to scholarship payments and other student allowances, as well as MIR bank cards for scholarship payments)

    E-mail: std@hse.ru

    Telephone: 8-495-772-95-90, ext. 11576

    Income certificates and/or scholarship payments: https://fd.hse.ru/servisy/studentam/spravki_budzhetnym_studentam

  • Apply for a Certificate of Attendance, if necessary

    A certificate, confirming that you have been admitted to HSE University under the degree programme, shall be issued within five working days after an application is submitted from the Student Service Center.

    When: after the issue of admission directive

    *You do not need to request a certificate to check in the dormitory, they will be issued automatically.

  • Receive an electronic pass

    The schedule for obtaining e-ID badge will be sent to students by e-mail and posted at the link: https://www.hse.ru/org/hse/aup/security/propusk

  • Sign the documents

    The documents should be provided to the study office personally or to email esmyslenova@hse.ru 

    Consent for Processing Personal Data  (PDF, 407 Кб)

    Form of Acknowledgment with Charter and Key Internal Bylaws of HSE University 2023-2024 (PDF, 402 Кб)

Useful links

HSE Academic Handbook – you can find answers to all questions about the study process at HSE University here. 

HSE bylaws and Regulations can be found in respective sections.