Summer Neurolinguistics School 2020
|General Info||School Schedule||Lecturers and Talks||Submissions||Practicalities|
[Update with regard to COVID-19 precautionary measures, as of 18.03.2020: We are monitoring the epidemiological situation. We still have hope that it will improve by the School dates and we will be able to conduct the School in the usual face-to-face format. At the moment, preliminary registration (with no payment of the registration fee) is open. In May, we will make the final decision about the School format. Any updates will be posted here and e-mailed to preliminarily registered participants. Please refrain from booking any travels before the final information is available.]
The Center for Language and Brain at the National Research University Higher School of Economics (HSE) invites you to join us in Moscow, Russia, for our seventh annual Summer Neurolinguistics School. The event will take place on 22-24 June 2020.
This year, the topic is Child Language Development. The school will be devoted to the cognitive and neural mechanisms of language acquisition, from infancy to adolescence, and to experimental and corpus approaches to their study.
Our confirmed lecturers are:
- Barbara Höhle, University of Potsdam,
- Sophia Malamud, Brandeis University,
- Irina Sekerina, College of Staten Island – The City University of New York / National Research University Higher School of Economics,
- Twila Tardif, University of Michigan.
The school will also feature solicited poster and short oral presentations.
What to expect?
The school is meant both as an educational event for students entering the field and as an academic environment where more advanced researchers can discuss the latest ideas and achievements in the field. To gain an impression, please see our previous schools.
The school program will include the following:
- Three days of invited talks by renowned experts in language acquisition, presenting state-of-the-art experimental and corpus research on language acquisition in children, from infancy to adolescence.
- Optional hands-on sessions demonstrating behavioral and corpus methods for the study of language acquisition.
- A session of contributed presentations and posters. Submissions focusing on language acquisition are particularly encouraged but we also welcome submissions on a broader range of neuro- and psycholinguistic topics.
Who should be interested?
The program will be of interest to professionals and students in the fields of Linguistics (both experimental and theoretical), Psychology, Cognitive Science, Neuroscience, Speech-Language Pathology, Early Childhood Education, and related fields. The lectures will provide relevant content both for students who are just entering the field and for advanced researchers.
[Applicable only if the School is conducted in a face-to-face format]
Students and faculty of National Research University Higher School of Economics: free
Students of other universities: 800 RUB (approximately 12 euros)
Non-student participants: 1500 RUB (approximately 22 euro)
1 May 2020: Abstract submission deadline [abstract submission form]
15 May 2020: Notification of acceptance of abstracts [preliminary registration form]
31 May 2020: Registration deadline (registration opens in March 2020)
22-24 June 2020: Meeting dates
● The event venue is Moscow, National Research University Higher School of Economics, address to be announced.
● To attend the School, participants need to register [preliminary registration form] and pay the registration fee if applicable.
● Abstract submissions [abstract submission form] are encouraged but not required to participate in the school.
● Only in-person participation is possible. The event will not be broadcast.
● The working language of the School is English. No translation to Russian will be provided.
● If you need a visa to enter Russia, please see our practicalities page for further information.
Should you have any questions, please contact us at email@example.com
We look forward to welcoming you in Moscow!
Выделите её, нажмите Ctrl+Enter и отправьте нам уведомление. Спасибо за участие!
Сервис предназначен только для отправки сообщений об орфографических и пунктуационных ошибках.