- Director of Strategic Planning
- Research Fellow:Institute of Education
- Member of the HSE Academic Council
- Irina Karelina has been at HSE since 2010.
Education, Degrees and Academic Titles
- 2002Associate Professor
Candidate of Sciences* (PhD) in Differential Equations, Dynamic Systems and Optimal Control
Lenin Komsomol Voronezh State University
Lenin Komsomol Voronezh State University
Lenin Komsomol Voronezh State University
According to the International Standard Classification of Education (ISCED) 2011, Candidate of Sciences belongs to ISCED level 8 - "doctoral or equivalent", together with PhD, DPhil, D.Lit, D.Sc, LL.D, Doctorate or similar. Candidate of Sciences allows its holders to reach the level of the Associate Professor.
Continuing education / Professional retraining / Internships / Study abroad experience
Professional Development Program «The global competitiveness of Australian universities: promoting best practices in the world rankings», The University of Melbourn, The University of Sydney, Australia, 2015
Professional Development Program «Strategic Planning for Private Universities in the US; Assessment and Quality Assurance and Accreditation of Educational Programs in Private Universities in the US», The Arcsdia University, USA, 2014
«The Best Practices for Increasing International Competitiveness Workshop», Massachusetts Institute of Technology, Cambridge, MA, 2014
«Top Managers of the 5/100: Global Competitiveness of Russian Universities», Seoul National University, Korea Advanced Institute of Science and Technology (KAIST), Hong Kong University of Science and Technology, The University of Hong Kong, Hong Kong Polytechnic University, Chinese University of Hong Kong, Korea, Hong Kong, 2013
«Modern American University: Positioning on the International Market», the University of California, Los Angeles (UCLA), USA, 2013
« Experience in Strategic Planning at German Universities», the University of Passau, Germany, 2012
«Management of U.S. Universities: Strategic Development and Quality Control», Arizona State University, Oregon State University, USA, 2012
«U.S. Higher Education: Teaching, Academic programs, Management», Washington State University, Seattle Pacific University, USA, 2011
Student Term / Thesis Papers
E. Artyukhova «A Solution of the Quality Selection of Academic Staff in Accordance with the Objectives of the Personnel Policy of Russian Universities on the Basis of Existing Regulations: the Case of NRU-HSE». Institute of Education, 2016
I. Vasileva «Activity of Student Contingent and its Сonnection with Attractiveness and Opportunities of the Territory and of the University». Institute of Education, 2016
O. Kozyreva «Organizational Identity of Russian Universities Implementing the Program for Enhancing Competitiveness». Institute of Education, 2016
Editorial board membership
2015: Member of the Editorial Board, Университетское управление: практика и анализ.
- Article Карелина И. Г., Соболев А. Б., Сорокин С. О. Мониторинг деятельности образовательных организаций - инициатива системных изменений в высшем образовании (статья вторая) // Высшее образование сегодня. 2015. № 7. С. 37-43.
- Article Карелина И. Г., Соболев А. Б., Сорокин С. О. Мониторинг деятельности образовательных организаций - инициатива системных изменений в высшем образовании (статья первая) // Высшее образование сегодня. 2015. № 6. С. 37-46.
- Book Запрягаев С., Карелина И. Г. Система менеджмента качества вуза: руководство по разработке и внедрению. Воронеж : Издательско-полиграфический центр Воронежского государственного университета, 2011.
Irina G. Karelina
Voronezh State University, Associate Professor diploma, Chair of Mathematical Modelling, 2000
Voronezh State University, Candidate of physical and mathematical sciences (PhD), 1992
Voronezh State University, PhD diploma, Mathematical Researcher, 1991
Voronezh State University, Diploma, Specialist in Mathematics, 1987
The International Register of Certificated Auditors (IRCA), the course «External Auditor / Auditing Quality Systems ISO 9000», Certificate «External auditor», 2006
PROFESSIONAL AREAS OF ACTIVITY AND WORK EXPERIENCE:
2010 – present Director of Strategic Development, National Research University “Higher School of Economics” (HSE), Moscow;
Research Fellow, Institute of Education of the HSE, Moscow
2012 – present Expert on Higher Education for the Ministry of Education and Science of the Russian Federation, Moscow
- In charge of strategic planning, supervise and implement Global Competitiveness Program of National Research University “Higher School of Economics”;
- Manage networking of Russian universities within the framework of Ministry of Education and Science of the Russian Federation programs aimed at improving competitiveness of Russian universities;
- Elaborate higher education projects devised to manage development programs in the Russian Federation, introduce new forms of management by faculties; carry out analytical research on implementation of development programs and strategic planning execution;
- Guide research projects on development and strategic planning activities of Russian universities (see the list of Research Projects bellow)
2002 – 2010 Head of Department of Quality Assurance, Voronezh State University, Voronezh;
Expert and Advisor on Quality Management Systems at Russian universities
- Oversaw development and introduction of quality management system at Voronezh State University, at Voronezh Agrarian State University; certificates issued (2005, 2009) by service of accreditation NQA Global Assurance Limited <http: // www.nqa.com>, Great Britain;
- Advised on setting up quality management system at Voronezh State Forest University, Udmurt State University, Lomonosov Moscow State University;
- Developed and held business-trainings for heads of higher schools with financial support of the Federal agency of education (representatives of more than 30 higher schools were trained);
- Arranged conferences and seminars (over 60 events), including 4 international conferences, i.e. «Quality Control System of Higher Education», «Management of Modern Universities and Quality Maintenance of Higher Education », The Fifth International Conference On Management of Modern Universities and Quality Assurance in Higher Education together with Kent State University (USA), «Strategic Planning at Universities»;
- Stated and assigned tasks, developed technical projects for the web-site of the education quality control service, made up databases: interviewed students, monitored quality of educational programs, supervised quality of activities, interviewed staff
2006 – 2010 Head of HR, Sberbank of Russia, Central Black Earth Head Office, Voronezh
- Set up a new organizational structure of personnel management, distributed responsibilities between divisions and staff, defined professional potential of the employees; developed qualifying requirements and parameters for personnel evaluation;
- Established a corporate approach to preparation and improvement of professional skills in the personnel of the Bank for a branch network;
- Participated in development and introduction of a staff evaluation system, a personnel professional and career development system;
- Introduced contemporary educational technologies into the personnel professional skills improvement system, including the system of remote and video-trainings
- Held active training sessions in the mode of visual communication;
- Selected and evaluated personnel at employment; interacted with colleges and universities for staffing issues, elaborated and carried out joint projects as to prepare students and post-graduate students of higher schools for employment at the Bank;
- Developed and introduced a staff motivation system;
- «From Zero» - created and launched a Call center at Sberbank Central Black Earth Head Office – a new structural division of Sberbank.
2000 – 2002 Head of the Department of Mathematics, Deputy Chairman of the Academic Council of the Department of Mathematics, Voronezh State University, Voronezh
Expert Association of Russian Сlassical Гniversities
- Staff management: academic staff - 75 people, students - 750 people, graduates - 15 people,
- Set up educational process of the Department for undergraduate and master's programs, postgraduate programs;
- In charge of development, licensing and accreditation of study plans for undergraduate and graduate programs;
1987 – 2010 Associate Professor of Chair of Mathematical Modelling, Chair of Mathematical Analysis, Voronezh State University
Researched and lectured in the field of mathematics: mathematical analysis, differential equations, mathematical modeling in economics and social sciences, linear programming and optimal control methods
Higher School of Economics (HSE) has placed on the Times Higher Education Ranking for BRICS & Emerging Economies, taking 48th place out of 300 academic institutions.
Higher School of Economics (HSE) is the sole Russian academic institution to appear on the ranking’s Top-100 for ‘Business and Economics’, holding the 83rd spot.
At a March 27 meeting, HSE’s Academic Council discussed how the university’s development strategy was carried out in 2014.
At a meeting of the HSE Academic Сouncil on October 31, five members of the University staff were given awards recognizing their achievements at HSE.
On October 28th 2011, a session of the Academic Council of the Higher School of Economics took place at the HSE, The event began with an award ceremony: Claude Blanchemaison, Professor at the Paris-Dauphine University, former French Ambassador in Russia and a long-time friend of the HSE, was given the title of HSE Honorary Professor.